screen turning off while working.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

When I am working, for no reason that I can see, my monitor turns black and a box pops up and says 'no signal'. I have to restart my computer. It does this several times a day. I have tried a different screen and it still does it. I replaced the cable and it still does it. I had the computer cleaned. The guy at the repair shop says he cant find anything wrong with my computer. He said we could try replacing the video card. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong with my computer? When it does it, the light on the computer is still on, indicating that the computer is still running, just he screen shuts down. I would love it if someone could solve this mystery! thank you!

oh, it doesn't matter whose account is logged on, or if I am on line or not or any other pattern that I have noticed.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!