Need recommendation for a good sewing machine.

Orange, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.
My little Pfaff Hobby just died. The tension just keep slipping and there's no fixing it. I have an old Kenmore that is really reliable but has very basic features. I am due for a new machine...maybe something with self-threading feature (my eyes are not what they used to be), easy-bobbin winder, e-z buttonholer, a few fancy stiches, etc. The lady at the sewing machine store recommended the Brother Innov-is 1250D but is a lot more than what I can afford. So, I'm hoping that someone here would have a better recommendation.

I sew mostly clothes and costumes for my kids so I do need a machine that will sew through thick fabric. I do make some drapes and do some re-upholstery occasionally. I don't quilt.

Any idea of what I should get and how much I should pay for it? Thanks.

Quyen

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!