YELLOW PEONY

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

I am looking for a Yellow Peony and would like to know where one can buy one?

It has to be from a 5 Star company. Or one that will not rape one off.

I am looking for a guarantee with it and one that you do not have to send the dead one back.These companies that ask you to send plants back are nothing but a rape off. You are the looser and they are the winner. Not a good thing.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Wow! Sounds like you have had a bad experience somewhere?

I am in Canada so not real familiar with the USA companies but I know that Klehms and Hollingsworth are good - they grow their own.

Yellow peonies are not unusual these days although they may be expensive. unless you buy the ones in the greenhouses now which are usually tissue culture- nothing wrong with that either.

I doubt that anybody will give you a guarantee on a Peony ( usually guarantees only come with shrubs and trees) but if it is properly planted there should be no concern. I have just been digging up peonies that were planted about 60 years ago.

Baltimore, OH(Zone 6a)

My step-daughter lives in Maryville Missouri and we have visited Don Hollingsworth several times and ordered from him. He sends healthy multi-eye peonies that bloom without fail the following year. Not cheap but high quality plants. We have discovered several good peonies by visiting his place at bloom time. I would highly recommend him as a source for peonies. (One that I really like is Fairfield. It stands up straight - never flops, and is a pretty flower.)
Dick Henley,
Baltimore Ohio

Baltimore, OH(Zone 6a)

Don has yellow peonies - expensive but you will get a good plant. Dick Henley, Baltimore, Ohio

Baltimore, OH(Zone 6a)

Klehm is also very reputable. I would not hesitate to buy from them - again expensive but worth it. I have bought daylilies from them and they are always big healthy plants that BLOOM.
Dick Henley
Baltimore, Ohio

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Golden, try peonysenvy.com. Look at their website, and then give them a call. They're reputable and will give you good advice as will Klehm's.

Unfortunately, I'm always adjusting my budget when it comes to a plant I've got my heart set on.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Adelman is terrific too and you won't get bigger roots anywhere I know of....I love Adelman as well as Klehm and Hollingsworth. Have been to the Hollingworth farm and they grow their peonies in a field right next to their own farmhouse. Small fam. operated business with just two guys who manage the farm most of the time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.