Favorite orange? Favorite red?

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I have a reddish TB, called War Chief. Love it. But am looking for a few more reds. Often I find that the reds have a purple hue, and aren't the true reds the pictures show.

As for oranges - the only orange TB I have purchased so far, is Olympic Challenge, and in my garden it is peachy. Granted, I have just started this season with epsom salts so perhaps in the future it will be more orange. I do love the plant habit & blooms though. But as I make my commute to work, I am seeing some AWESOME brilliant orange iris blooming right now. Unfortunately, these are not in a location it is convenient to stop and ask. (I am also not that bold most times)

So what are your favorite TB oranges & reds?

This is War Chief

Thumbnail by philljm
Newfield, NY

there one on there called 'Red Rooster'.that a bright red and look for can heated too

Taylorsville, KY

Saturn and Fortunate Son (it has navy blue beards!) are great reds, as are Ruby Morn, Big Apple and Canned Heat. The best orange I have is Millennium Sunrise -- and it's diamond dusted. Gorgeous!

Sue

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Samurai Warrior with Superstition

Thumbnail by caitlinsgarden
Elba, NY(Zone 6a)

One of my favorite oranges is China Dragon. It is very orange. No peach here. Love the bright orange ones.

Thumbnail by dancingbear27
Elba, NY(Zone 6a)

Here's another beautiful bright orange. This one has some yellow but the orange/yellow mix is amazingly vibrant. It is Malaguena.

Elba, NY(Zone 6a)

You have my same loves... here's another gorgeous orange. Orangutan Orange. She's very tall and bright.

Elba, NY(Zone 6a)

By the way, War Chief was my favorite red also. Unfortunately, I lost it due to too much rain last season. Will definitely be reordering though. I agree, oldie by goodie!

Elba, NY(Zone 6a)

Here's another old pretty red, Caldron.

South Hamilton, MA

Another older red is 'Spartan'

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Thank you! Great list & choices here ~Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.