CLOSED: CLOSED: We need a new home! Searching all forums.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

I know this isn't the right thread but all my friends are here!

Meow, Meow,
Our names are Sassi (Bengal and Tabby) and Songa (Savannah and Tabby). Mommy rescued us from near death. She has loved us for 7 years and spoiled us rotten. That is why we are a bit unhappy right now. You see, Mommy got a little dog and she needs him as he is a service dog for her. She loves him, but we don't care for him that much and would love to have the run of a home again with a good family. This is very hard for Mommy to do, to let us go, but she wants us happy. We have all the important things , food for 3 months, 2 covered litter pans, a nice cat tree and an cute cat house, cat collars.and toys. We are good with older kids, most kids if gentle with them. We are taking applications and will screen them carefully and choose the perfect family to love and spoil us. By the way we won't tear up your furniture either as we are declawed on front paws. We are also spayed.
Please apply soon, we will send you a picture of us together!

Sassi and Songa
Negativity is liken to useless clutter and will cloud positive from entering.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hey Curves, how long have you had the new dog?

Cats and dogs CAN learn to get along. I had a cat for a few years before I brought home a puppy. Khi Khi had a fit! How dare this overgrown furball invade her territory?? She was declawed but that didn't stop her from walking right up to him and slapping his face and send him running and yelping. Even when he got bigger, Sam was cautious with her--not afraid really, just respectful. It took her about 6 months to accept that he was our new housemate. It took about a year for her to actually relax and lie next to him. I don't think she ever really approved of his presence, but she learned to live peacefully with him.

Since it's a new experience for both your dog and cats, maybe some more time and reassurance from you would help them adjust and learn to be a family. I know you'll miss them if they're gone, and they'll miss you too. Cats usually stress out more from a change than dogs and it takes them longer to accept new situations.

If you must find them a home, I hope you find someone who will let you visit them from time to time. Good luck.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I have had 4 dogs and 7 cats together at one time (not to mention a giant iguana with whom EVERYONE agrees because she can kick all of our asses together at one time).

It does take some getting used to. Keep em separated for a while and/or make sure the cats have higher places to hang out than at eye level with the dog. ;)

Hate to think of your critters leaving you after you saved them from near death.

Loveya.
A.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I agree that adjusting to a new animal in the house is difficult for everyone, even other pets. I would give it six months or so and see where you at with it then, unless of course you feel the cats are in physical danger.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Cubbie is a 4 lb Chihuahauh. He loves them and I let them in from the AZ room and they chased each other around the house. Cubbie as been here over two years. The cats can hold there own with him and if they swat him they can't hurt him. But when we got him they started climbing all over everything, counters and on top of the cupboards, knocking things over and such. So my compromise is to let them outside for an hour in late morning and again in the afternoon, then back into the AZ Room. Then let them in the house in the evening for a while. They just want to check things out. Maybe this will work. They have been in the AZ room for a year, but in winter I wasn't out there so much. Now I am out there more.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

The really bad thing about cats, period, is that they can get everywhere and knock down everything. I feel your pain! I have very few house plants because of cats. The reality is that we have just had to cat-proof the house. We don't decorate for holidays anymore, I can't do arts and crafts anymore, well you know what I mean. It's a pain, but being in animal rescue - I feel very strong responsibility for the critters I have taken in - even if they are a pain. :)

If you can make it work I think you will be very glad. Eventually they will settle down. Maybe not soon enough for you! I know it's a hard decision to come to to think you have to give up some pets. When I lived in Boston back in my early professional days, I was away from home more than home, and the neighbors knew my dog's name (and not mine!) from my BF and LL who used to come in and walk my dog. I tried a couple of times to give her up to someone who would really care for her, but I cried and cried. Couldn't do it.

She just passed away at Christmas time. She was 14. My life was so enriched by having her in it - I will always be thankful that I couldn't give her up.

Let us know how it goes.

With love and fingers crossed for you,
~Amanda

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Thanks for all the encouragement! I'm sure I will be keeping them and keeping an eye on them. I will use a spray bottle if I have too or allumin foil on the countertops. I know I am a very committed person to my animals and I wouldn't even be able to look at their pictures if they were gone. Yet how could I forget them. Sassi was a rescue and I nursed her for months to health. She had a resperatory infection and ringworm and still wheezes. I had to bathe her in sulfer for 3 months!
Songa and her sibling and mom were a day away from being put to sleep, but I could only take one. She is very sweet. Sassi has an attitude. Songa is into m=ishchief a lot. Opening cupboard doors and hiding in our closets.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

sounds like they love it there!
It would be harder on them to adjust to a new place, than to adjust to some changes there. Plus, they love you!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hurrah! You will be so glad. I think I will be very happy to see pictures of your dog and cats all curled up together sleeping on little pillows. :D

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

just checking in and to give you thumbs up. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hope things are settling down!

Just thought I'd drop a line to say hello. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.