Morning Glories 2011 #05

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Helena - Your Blue Speckles looks great! A lot like mine did last year when I grew them from A's seeds. I like your Pink star x Pink Porcelain! Nice bloom! :-) I don't know what it is about the Fuji Kawata, but my eye is immediately attracted to that bloom. It must be the colors! Love them all!

Have you been getting any rain there in MS? We had dark sky, loud thunder, and what looked like a storm, but all we got was a small sprinkling of rain. Barely enough to wet the surface! We need rain bad! I heard today that the water temps were really warm for this time of year, so that is not good. Hurricanes grow stronger in warm water. I am getting concerned that we may be in for a rough summer/fall of Hurricane weather. (sigh) I really hope I am wrong!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Becky. I really like Fuji Kawata and the other blooms too. Really pleased that this season has turned full of pleasant surprises!

We had rain last week but we had drought for the most part. We are around 5 inches below average rainfall and I don't know if we'll catch up. I don't know how many times we thought we would get rain with lightning & thunder just to pass us by. I'm concerned about the hurricane season this year too.

Here's another vine with my pink rayed blooms!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

My Mauve Star

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A White Ip Nil.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

I really like Hanna Fubuki too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Once again, more beauties, Helena!

'Akatsuki no Umi'

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Nearly impossible to capture the polychromatic purple of 'Hama no Murasaki'

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Asagao profiles with black bamboo background

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Pink I. purpurea

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Another "Monet"

Thumbnail by nifty413
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms Helena and Nick
Nick, That color looks more like the real no Monet.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Nick and Jackie.

Beautiful show of blooms Nick. A very neat no Monet too!!

Helena - All I can do is :-) :-) :-) Loving all your beautiful blooms!

You, too, Nick! Very, very nice photos and blooms! :-) :-)

What a treat!!!! ♥♥♥

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the kind words! :-)

New cultivars (i.e. new to me) are gearing up to bloom, and I hope to get some fresh flower "faces" posted soon!

I'm soooo glad I invested in a drip irrigation kit & electronic timer this spring! Having been sick for nearly a week now, I can't imagine being outside with a fever — when it's 100 °F & no rain whatsoever — watering thirsty plants! Automation is awesome!!!

Nick - How large of an area did you irrigate?

I want to build some more raised beds, but not in my budget this year. I would love to figure out an irrigation system to add to it as well. I don't mind watering my plants, but the hot summer heat is no fun to be dealing with. It was brutal today. (whew!)

Gautier, MS

I wan't going to post but here goes repeat blooms anyway!

This message was edited Jun 18, 2011 8:05 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Just because they are blooming in my garden!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

And they are nice blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Even with a little defect.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Better ones to come.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

And thinking of June Weddings.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

That's all folks.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Norfolk, VA

Tie-dye pink starting to bloom:-)

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

Here are some blooms that sprung up this morning from my F2, Akatsuki no Umi x early call pink. Just had to put it out there, this is too good not to post!

Nice blooms everyone ;-)

Tony

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

This message was edited Jun 18, 2011 9:50 AM

Norfolk, VA

From another angle

Thumbnail by MGMan
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, impressive blooms you are growing this yr. I'm crazy about the Pink Tie Dye.
I planted 3 Pink Tie Dyes on the fence and
a Wedding Bells, none of them have sprouted.
I have both types established in pots so should still be able to enjoy blooms.
Nice blues Tony.

To our new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1190575

This message was edited Jun 18, 2011 2:38 PM

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

More great blooms, Helena & MGMan!

Becky, I have about 80 containers on drip irrigation – ranging from 2 gal. to 30 gal. About 35 of those are JMG's and 6 purpureas. The rest are assorted tropicals, perennial and seasonal color. It was relatively inexpensive and easy to get them all on automated irrigation. If you'd like to know any specifics, feel free to shoot me a D-Mail. ^_^

Helena - Always makes me smile to see your blooms! I especially liked this one from those you posted today: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8638125 Beautiful!!!

Tony - Nice, large, and lovely blooms! The colors are very vivid! Lovely, indeed! What size pots do you have them growing in?

Jackie started a new thread as this one is getting long. Please follow us to http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1190575/

Norfolk, VA

Becky, I have them growing in 6" pots

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.