Gorgeous but I don't remember what it is?

Cynthia (N. Kansas C, MO(Zone 5b)

Any ideas? I planted the bulbs earlier this spring and totally spaced on what they are. Any ideas? I want to get more next year!

Thumbnail by hanseycollie

Another photo of the whole lily.

Thumbnail by hanseycollie

That's it! It's an annual in Zone 6 and I thought it came out of a lily bag I bought at Sam's - guess I didn't realize what it was an annual here. It is beautiful and you nailed it Echoes, thank you!

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Mine came from Costco, and I just plant new bulbs each year. Get close: they have a delightful smell to enjoy.

Marcia

Thumbnail by cathy166
North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

You can dig up and store the bulbs over winter.
Mine are planted in a huge pot. I cut them back to about an inch when they die back in the fall and store the pot in a heated (40° ish) garage. They will sprout when they are ready and you'll have babies in the pot which should bloom the along with the mother bulb. Mine get huge... 4'-5'

Found out this spring it is also available in a very pale yellow called Sulphur.

This is an early pic of mine first white blooms last year. It actually got 6' tall. No idea why.

Thumbnail by Chocolatemoose
North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Last year's stalk (too big to be called a stem). It multiplied in the pot. Will try to post a pic later.

Thumbnail by Chocolatemoose
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I bought 3 bulbs from eflowergarden/touch of nature this spring. Sulfur Queen (a pale yellow). I have 2 pots of old bulbs that were my grandmother's......I'm hoping they bloom this year as they never have since I've had them.

The picture is Sulphur Queen.

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Irislover0252...That's where I got my Sulphur Queens and they were gorgeous 3 weeks ago. Still have one bulb left to bloom. It's been way behind the other two ever since I planted them.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I really didnt expect them to bloom but I love it! They are just about gone but they were gorgeous. Only 2 of mine bloomed also. The other one doesn't look like it will bloom but I think it has an increase....there are new leaves coming up beside it.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

The Sulphur Queens are very pretty.

Chocolate, I don't know why they get so tall, but I seem mine reaching for the sun. They're related to amaryllis (Hippeastrum). I'm going to follow your lead and bring them in this winter. This year I planted all six in a large container.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.