I have Rhodie lacebug

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Anyone know what to use for this pest?

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Bayer's Tree and Shrub spray works very well for me (has an immediate knockdown insecticide and a systemic that lasts for several months).

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

You are the best.
After I finished panicing I went to Google and thats what they recomended and its what I use on lilies for the Lily Beetle.
They are sprayed on top of the leaves and bottoms.

Now for the iron sulfate. I should be good to go.

Thomaston, CT

Jo, Karen recommended spinosad (Monterey Garden Spray) for the lily beetle, & I've had many fewer this year.....

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Glad that spray works for you Robindog.
I was walking and talking with the guy who is removing some diseased vibernums.He was looking at alllllll. the lilies and asked what I did for th beetle.
I told him Bayer and Sevin.
He bought a place with tons of tiger lilies on it and beetled killed the whole stand in a year.
He was reluctant to use the sprays I use because he has the lilies planted around a pond with fish.
I will pass your spray on to him.thanks

Thomaston, CT

Oh, thanks, Jo......should be OK for him......

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

The compant he works for is very generous with advise and information even if they arent doing the job.
They are replacing some diseased overgrown vibernums with lilacs'they did some edging for me this spring and replaced the stone walk in April.
He knows I am a good customer and always does a bit extra on any job they do here.
I know its all PR and how to keep a customer but he does love my gardens and we spend half the time talking about plants.
The 2 remaining rhodies are worth a lot of moooolah if I had to replace them $30.00 in insect spray and Iron treatment is wort it.
This is how the area looked in 2008 July

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

.This is from the back last year.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Thomaston, CT

Wow.....aren't plants wonderful!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I am waiting to see if the liquid iron is working.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.