Party Pictures - June 4, 2011

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here are some pictures of the fun we all had at our HOT party!! Good thing we were inside most of the time.

Thumbnail by kjuddy

Here is Kim making sure the food table is guarded..

Thumbnail by kjuddy

Janie is waiting patiently for her turn at the gifts - she was LAST!!!

Thumbnail by kjuddy

Charlotte's friend Sarah checks out her goodies

Thumbnail by kjuddy

Crissy gets to go first WOO HOO!!!

Thumbnail by kjuddy

6 and 9 had to go together since I forgot that once I cut them apart you couldn't tell the difference

Thumbnail by kjuddy

Kim got a big ole blue pot planter and her friend Holly got a great big garden book.

This message was edited Jun 6, 2011 3:59 AM

Thumbnail by kjuddy

Charlotte got Kathy Ann's treats

Thumbnail by kjuddy

Kathy Ann keeps a watchful eye on the fun.

Thumbnail by kjuddy

Marilyn came and brought Friday but he was outside and not that happy to be excluded from the party!

Thumbnail by kjuddy

My daughter and daughter-in-law both came and joined in the fun as they have both moved into new houses this winter and are getting the flower garden bug. This is my daughter Kate

This message was edited Jun 6, 2011 4:03 AM

Thumbnail by kjuddy

and daughter-in-law Kelli

Thumbnail by kjuddy

And the youngest of the crowd was Janie's granddaughter Maddy who had plenty to discuss since her family has put in a new vegetable garden this spring and here she is showing off her new gardening gloves

Thumbnail by kjuddy
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Enjoyed the pictures!!! Wish I could have made it!!! Everyone looks great!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Me too Jeri! How I wish I could have been there to see everyone! It was surely a HOT day here in South Arkansas on Saturday ...... thank goodness for air conditioning! I got to see Charlotte yesterday and she was telling me how she didn't come home with a single plant....I didn't know that was possible! ^_^

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

It was so good to get together and visit with the central AR gardening ladies again! Karen, thanks for having us. You have a lovely home. Thanks for hosting us! :o) I just wish it hadn't been so hot. We would really have enjoyed being able to sit outside in your backyard and getting to enjoy the beauty of your flowers and fish pond. However, we are going to be where the food is, no matter the weather--LOL--and since the food was inside, that is where we were and don't forget about the door prizes! ROFL Friday survived the heat, bless his heart, but he was a happy camper once he got back in the car under the A/C. :o)

Karen's pictures are very good and mine are mostly duplicates of hers but I will go ahead and post some of them. For starters here is Karen showing off her door prize. I was too busy taking pictures to figure out what this is, but it is pretty!

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I posted Karen's photo first since she didn't have any of herself.

Here is the "stash" of door prizes before the drawing began.

Karen's daughter picked the planter in the center but the photo I took of her with it turned out fuzzy. :o(

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here are Maddy, Janie, Crissy and Kathy Ann right after drawing their numbers for the door prizes.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

These photos aren't in order by our drawing numbers, by the way. I've just posted them in random order.

This is Kim's friend, Holly, showing off her door prize--a gardening book. She had just been telling me that she thought she could really learn a lot from our gardening group and "voila!!" she gets a "how-to" book! (Kim brought it, by the way.)

This message was edited Jun 6, 2011 10:34 AM

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is Karen's daughter, Kate, admiring the door prize which her sister-in-law, Kelli, received.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kim seemed to be thrilled with her ceramic teapot planter.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy received this lovely pot as her door prize.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Janie got a sack of solar lights for her garden.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here's Charlotte with part of her door prize---some of Kathy Ann's delicious home-made apple pie mix! Charlotte said she was going home and make a pie! LOL She also received some of Kathy Ann's wonderful goats milk soap and also some Osmocote fertilizer.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Charlotte's friend, Sarah, received this snail garden art. Somebody cracked that "you won't have to feed beer to this snail!" (Only true gardeners will understand that remark--LOL) Sarah has joined us before and it was good to have her with us again. It was good to have all of our guests!

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy used her iPhone to take pictures. Here she is trying to get a picture of Kathy Ann opening her door prize.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here is Kathy Ann with her door prize--a hanging tomato planter.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is Janie's granddaughter, Maddy, with her door prize. The first picture I took of her was too fuzzy and by the time I snapped this photo, she was already putting her prize back in the sack! I have no idea what it was! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

and this is my door prize--a so-ugly-she's-cute pot girl!! I've been wanting one of these! Now I have a pot girl and she has little pigtails and feet, too! I'm going to put a plant in her today and will take another picture, once I do.

I already have most of the plants planted that I brought home, except for the iris and a couple of the EE's. I will have to wait until the fence man gets the fence done before planting the iris. In the meantime, they will have to live in a big pot. I have to prepare the soil for the EE's but I know exactly where I am going to put them. It's too hot right now so I will wait until the cool of the evening before getting out there to do any digging. I need to go to Home Depot and get some of those brick edgers and some more garden soil, too, before I plant the EE's.
"A gardener's work is never done!" LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Nice pix but you could have left me out of them! LOL Holly had such a wonderful time and cannot wait until the next one!

Trish, brought some plants by the house yesterday...we did not get to visit long as she had a very busy day ahead of her. She brought Holly some things as well as stuff for Karen and Janie. Janie since you pass this way when headed home, if you would like to stop by here some afternoon, let me know. Most likely Thursday or Friday will be best for me...since I don't know if they are going to do surgery on my nephew...

Ripley, MS

You should all be ashamed having so much fun without the rest of us, it is good to see pictures, even if we could not come. Marilyn, you got the best door prize, that is so cute!!!!
Love to all

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We did have a great time! I have decided to save my apple pie in a jar Kathy Ann made until my grandson's come in July. Apple pie is their favorite desert other than chocolate chip cookies!!!!
I fed all my brugs Osomocote yesterday - they said thank you!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I got all my plants from the RU planted except for the iris which Janie and Charlotte brought me. I am saving them to plant when the fence guys finish which should be today. I have them in pots and have been keeping them watered, though. Most of you have seen my photos on FB of my new shade bed with the plants in them so I won't re-post them here. Thank you everyone for showering me with plants!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, I guess I should post a photo of my pot girl now that she has hair! LOL It's portulaca.

It has actually grown since this photo was taken which was right after I put the portulaca in it a few days ago.

Thumbnail by marsue

I made it to Fred's today. I bought a purple ceramic watering can. I wanted the lime green, but the accent white paint was barely visible. I will try to take a picture of my blue one with impatiens (yep, from Charlotte) tomorrow.

Trish, Holly picked up her plants and just squealed when she saw the brug and stuff! She asked me to tell you, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Ripley, MS

Oh Marilyn, that is so cute-I didn't realize it had feet on it, i love her hair!!!!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I haven't been here to mention that all the pictures are great, and I had a great time at the Ru. thanks karen for having us over. You do have a lovely place. I should have brought my swimsuit.

Kim, I went by sams on the way home from the RU and bought a really cool old timey looking water can for 9.99 danny won't let me drill holes in it to use as a pot, and won't let me drill holes in the other one I got at hobby lobby either. ARGH!!! he says they''d make good watering cans,

he wont' use them though. I'll get my holes in them yet. lol

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann, I am sure you can use a drill. Just sneak in Danny's workshop when he isn't home and put the drill to work on those watering cans! LOL

Yep, Sandra, I agree that the portulaca makes great hair for the pot girl! :o)

Kim, when I bought the ceramic watering can for the door prize, I looked in every box to try and find two of the lime green ones. They only had one so I kept it for myself and brought the blue one to the RU. A lot of people don't like lime green but it is currently one of my favorite colors.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I love lime green ;0) Ok, i'll go drill holes.

LOL Yeah, even if you have to wait until the cans get holes from rust, you will still be able to plant something inside ;o)) Jeff is going to drill holes in the purple one today! Of course, I still have plants coming in the mail, so I will have plenty for the 4 new pots that I bought! I love lime green, too! Therefore, I would have kept the lime one, however, that color blue is also one of my favs!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.