What's Blooming in Your Garden? part II

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1183529/

Please come and join in the discussion of what blooming in your garden. Here hopefully we can learn from one another of certain plant's cultures/preferrences and its hardiness on difference zones ect. Everyone is welcome.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Other daylily in the garden a NOID (No I.D.);

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Kwansan daylily, often is known as ditchlily in the South;

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

As a member has mentioned that the ditchlily posted above could potentially be agressive growers. Here is another pretty daylily that isn't agressive enough, but drought tolerant and spread slowly.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The tropical corner of the garden. Tropicals that need overwinter indoor.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Angel trumpet and Crottons;

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Blue blossoms that of Blue Sky vine (Thunbergia grandiflora). This is semi-tropical. It will survive our winter here but some of the harshest of winter. Last couple of years, winters were hard on us. So I re-planted a couple of these vines this spring.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Zone 7a)

So, so gorgeous, Lily. Love those daylilies. Well, just everything!

Several things have started here...

Flax.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

NOID Iris. Possibly Before the Storm.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

NOID, Dutch Iris.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

My Betty Boop rose is glowing this year.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Tree Peony, Hanakisoi.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Columbine, Winky Double Red and White.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Columbine, Deep Purple.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Those are lovely I especially like 'Betty boop' rose. The columbines are very attractive. I've not seen a Flax before down South. Thanks kwanjin.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8611426 See this same angel trumpet I posted yesterday? I lost the tag, thus I'm not sure what's its name. I too was currious thinking I haven't had a white angel that has such long tendrils. Well, white it's NOT. This is the same flower this morning. This isn't uncommon for the flower to first appear white, sometimes, yellow, then turn pink. Brugmansias can be hardy in our region if planted in an ideal corner of the garden. Where it's protected from winds and mulched deeply to protect from hard freeze in the winter.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Red single 'Knock Out' roses and Blue Sky Vine's blue blooms.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Zone 7a)

I can hear the water lapping...

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, kwanjin the wind was rather high over the weekend. It was nearly impossible to do any repotting chores then. :))

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

all the pix are sooo beauteous, giggle, giggle. I'm just beginning to get so great color, most iris are blooming (tb's), dwf baby's breath, jj's, clematis ragouchi ( i believe is ragouchi), hesperis m., aquilegeas, verbascum phoenicium.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

verbascum p.18", spring bloomer, readily reseeds, 3 shades of pink, white, 2 shades of purple. Good Luck, Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

It been a really good year so far with my daylilies, the deer have not visited. I have been putting eggshells into my beds since Feburary, maybe that will be the trick for 2011...LOL

Thumbnail by BUFFY690
Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

Day Flower, I found this little beauty living under a deck at work, it was pulled as a weed, and I saved it from being trashed...It lived now in a part of my garden that is dappled shade all day.

Thumbnail by BUFFY690
Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

Monarda 'Grand Parade'

Thumbnail by BUFFY690
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Nice photos Buffy, the Daylilies are impressive! The 'Day Flower' is a nice shade of blue. the beebalms blooms are quite large. Since it's a cultivar, is it hardy there where you're?

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

Bee Balm works great in my garden I have several other varities in other places just now blooming right now.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The elusive brug. At one point the bloom was yellow, then it turned white, then finally pink.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Football lily in bloom. These are tender perennials here.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Those Blood lilies are magnificent, I got some from Brent & Becky's end of season sale and am waiting for them to break dormancy. I rate their impact on nearly the same level as my Gloriosas (ie- off the scale).

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Love the football lily. Great color.
Oriental Poppies are just starting.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

clems too

Thumbnail by ge1836
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Jack my Gloriosa is sending out buds. Is B & B a good reliable source for bulbs? (Lilies?). ge1836 roll drum! Here comes glorious spring blooms! Those are beautiful. I just added a double blooming clem. to the garden.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Saint Matthews, SC(Zone 8a)

I took this photo of one of our daylily "beds" 2 days ago. We are in peak bloom right now for daylilies. This time of year always makes me so happy!

Thumbnail by wingsandblooms

And here is a bed of cannas

Hydrangea bushes

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I want, want, want, want....and, oh yeah, want all of them! Thanks to everyone for sharing your pictures - I love looking at them.

What is the actual name of the football lily?

That daylily bed is beautiful - I'd be happy too!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

This time of year makes me happy too.
Martagones and geranium Samobor

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I also love the bear. SIL gave it to DD for xmas 3 years ago.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Football, Blood Lily (aka Pincushion) is scientifically designed as Scadoxus Multiflorus. It's hardiness is rated as Z 8-10, maybe 7 with super mulch and drainage.

Lily-love, Brent and Becky's are excellent source for multitudes of bulbs, excellent customer service. They were in the DG top 30 ratings every year I've been visiting this site till this one (7 yr). They have an especially wide selection in daffodils (I believe they cross their own and present them as well as procure others from reputible breeders and sources). They have possibly one of the widest selections of bulbs for all yrear interest at their site/catelog. Prices have been creeping up yearly, but that seems to be the nature of that beast, usually they're prices are competitive.
Lily, my Goriosas are breaking ground and seem to grow a foot a day. Some should split their main stem and begin to set flower buds before long. I had 18 large container/pots of them last summer, they are overwintered dry in basement then repotted. It took about a week and a half last month to accomplish this task. Pic illustrates yield (347 tubers, started with 3 from MOBOT a dozen years ago). They were subsequentially re-potted. I used 14 containers this year and gave the remainder to friends for postage.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Rained on rain lilies

Thumbnail by jmorth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.