June 4th, 2011: English Daisy 'Deep Rose' (Bellis perennis) by WaterCan2

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for June 4th, 2011 was English Daisy 'Deep Rose' (Bellis perennis).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2011-06-04

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

What a beautiful flower!! AND a great, clear picture.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Thanks marti001, photography is my pastime, - always fun taking pics! ☺

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

The only problem I have is that my good camera got stolen and I've been unable to replace it at todays price. My camera with all the special lens I had for it cost me over $1000.00. It will take me along time to save up that money. So I'm very jealous of these great pictures and they make me keep adding to my want list. LOL

Sorry to hear that, yes today's prices are nuts. I have the expensive stuff but I also have a couple of point and shoot cameras. The pic of the English daisies was taken with a Lumix FZ-50, years ago I paid about $600 for it, it's hard to find now, but you can find a used one for about $325 Sony makes good P&S cameras too.
I use a DSLR most of the time now, but I still use my P&S cameras when I don't want to lug around the fancy camera, I can certainly sympathize with the cost factor!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

WaterCan, great shot!! I have never heard of this plant before;o) Learn something new all the time with the BOTD feature.

Freedom, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes, it is not only a beatiful shot, I agree with locakelly, the BOTD feature is always opening my eyes to something new! I had no idea English Daisies came in these colors or forms!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I had a Canon SLR with a 200 mm zoom lens. That with a doubler gave me up to 400mm. I also had wide angle and close up lens and a 50mm lens. I love prowling around and taking pictures. I took a bunch of slides also. Some of which I will have printed inot 8X10's.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2011 6:37 PM

Thanks locakelly and PedricksCorner! Thompson & Morgan, also Ferry Morse carry seeds for English Daisies if you can't find them locally. ☺

http://www.eseeds.com/plantindex.aspx?index=E

I still have my Canon A-1 marti001, have the standard 55mm, a 200mm, 100-300 zoom, 35-105mm and a set of conversion lenses. It's a film camera, collecting dust now with the digital revolution, still keep it for sentimental reasons though, it was a birthday gift from my DW. ☺

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I miss my Canon A-1. I would love to have another. I know digital is the rage,but I still love my film cameras.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nice WC!! Love the close up,not familar with this either but will be soon. :)

Thanks Pixie! ☺

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.