Massachusetts Tornadoes

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

As you may have all read and heard, Massachusetts had a series of tornadoes strike the western part of our state yesterday. We got some residual thunderstorms from it out here in the eastern part of the state but the folks out in Springfield, Monson, Brimfield and other places along the turnpike out there got hit pretty hard. So far there have been only 4 reported deaths and a lot of miraculous escape stories. I hope that all of our western MA DG'ers are safe and sound and the rest of us keep the populations out there in our thoughts and prayers as they dig out and rebuild their lives.
Martha

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

In my thoughts and prayers

Damage worse than expected.

Thomaston, CT

Go through that area of MA several times a year.....a lot of damage because it's heavily populated, & the tornado was an F-3....very damaging.....

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

They printed an amazing picture in the paper of a house that was surrounded by trees that were knocked down by the tornado but the house itself was still standing. Truly unbelievable.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Lucky folks!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Anyone hear from Michaela???

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I was thinking the same thing today Jen. :(

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I saw it's her b-day today but don't know if I should start a b-day thread or not, what do you think?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes, it would be nice for her to come back to...I believe they are w/out power and such still. A friend who lives a few towns over said it was bad. Nothing like the Northeast is used to. :(

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yeah usually don't have them that strong up here. Jersey actually gets 18 a year

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Has anyone heard from Michaela???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.