June is here-bring on the daylilies !!!

Ripley, MS

Let's see those beautiful daylilies and continue visiting on a new thread for June

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OK I'll get those new day lilies on in a few minutes. I cooked dinner for my neighbor tonight so running behind. I was sitting here doing something and the dogs went crazy and I went to the door and there all 6 of them stood. Mom, Dad and the 4 kids. They just wanted to thank me for the dinner. The kids are 4 to 13. The little 6 year old just all of a sudden said "that was THE best dinner EVER". Really made me feel good! And I could tell it was spontaneous and by the looks on their faces they had really enjoyed and appreciated it! She has long QT Syndrome and just had a pace maker and defibrillator put it a few weeks ago. They have gone through genetic testing and have discovered the 13 year also has it. They have put him on a very high dosage of beta blockers. They also have 2 portable defibrillators for him. One for home and one to keep in the car.
Makes you realize the need to count your blessings!

Ripley, MS

Yes we do need to count them up, thanks for the reminder, and thank you for being a good neighbor, I know they did appreciate it

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OK---Here are a few day lilies. This is Wispy Rays. The picture just does not do it justice. It doesn't capture just how big it is. It is huge! The colors are so vibrant! Cindy gave it to me last summer.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Another red one from Cindy.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I was trying to take a photo of the purple one but couldn't get to it without the other one in the picture. I think it turned out to be a nice combination.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

A nice orange one.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra this funky thing must be a first open that you've been teaching me about. I don't think it's supposed to look like this.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Just a pretty oriental lily.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Ripley, MS

Yes that funky looking bloom is probably the first one open, the next blooms will look better I am sure. The one you labeled a nice orange one looks like stagecoach, I had one of those open today too

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That's probably it then. I know I have Stagecoach. I just didn't get down and dig out the tag.

Ripley, MS

it is too hot to be "tag hunting" for sure

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Well I have to put my seedling over here.

Inky Fingers x Talledaga Nights

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I didn't take any pictures today except for the seedling. almost missed it FFO

I did take a few Friday before we got so hot. Last week we were still having the cool nights and that was inhibiting the openings. Now they are opening and looking poorly due to the high humidity and temps. I have watered overhead for the last 2 hours so I'm sure all tomorrow's blooms will be awful too. Supposed to be a hundred tomorrow too so they will steam anyway. This morn at 6 am it was 83 when I went out so they didn't have a chance. I have had several people digging up daylilies over the last week. It is so funny to see their faces when they see all the different gorgeous blooms. Most people don't know that daylilies come in so many colors and styles. I love seeing them get all excited trying to figure out which ones they want. I hope to go all the way down my drive way this winter with them. I can't move them out there now since I can't get water to them.

This is Francis Verheart

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Charlotte I forgot to say how pretty your blooms are. You are right about Wispy Rays. It is beautiful but hard to photograph. It is one of my very favorites. I did have some seedlings off it but lost them in the 2009 flood. They were all pretty.
This is Humdinger. The blooms are usually close to 10 inches. I took all these pictures in the bright sun Friday so the colors are a little faded

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

This si Winter in Eden. First time it has ever bloomed for me.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Two to Tango

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Didn't look at tag

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

A few of my seedlings

Thumbnail by Riverland
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Those are all so pretty Cindy. Very nice seedlings! That has to be so much fun to do. I might try that sometime - or maybe I shouldn't!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful!

Ripley, MS

I did a few today, but they are just not as pretty as last year

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

This is Orange Crush

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I paid 1.00 for this daylily and it is a very good bloomer
Athlone--I think ??

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Siloam Double Classic

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Kate Carpenter, I think--I did not take time to write names today, the heat has been so bad here

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Pretty! You got your dollars worth! I like that one!

Ripley, MS

Hold Your Horses

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Charlotte, I love that dollar one, it multiplies like rabbits, so you are welcome to one if you want it.

NO ID double yellow

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I think this is Mountain Violet

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm going to get a reprieve from the heat next weekend. I talked to my DIL today and she told me it has been unseasonably cold there. She told me to be sure and bring a jacket. I decided I needed to totally rethink what I was going to wear to graduation. I just wasn't thinking and while what I planned to wear had some sleeves they were sheer - don't think that's going to do any good! As many times as I've been out there during the last 20 years you would think I would have already thought of that!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Mountain Violet is very similar to one I have blooming now but I know it's not the MV. I don't have it. But mine is a similar color with the white narrow ruffled edging.

Ripley, MS

Awash with color
Thank you Bonnie !!

Thumbnail by slcdms
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Those are really pretty Sandra. My favorite ( I know you won't believe it) is the purple one M Violet. How our taste change huh? - Mine were actually pretty this morn but I had early errands to do. When I returned at 1:30 I didn't feel like going out. It was 101 degrees. I'm sure they were not pretty anymore. I was zapped too. It is still 85 right now.

Ripley, MS

Yes, I did not like orange ones at first, but I have some really pretty orange ones now.

I feel like our summer has been stolen--this is August weather, not June

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow everyone's picture are beautiful! I have several blooming but usually by the time I get home in the afternoons, they are not really pretty enough to photograph. How do you decide how big to let the clump get before you start to divide?? Most of mine are still tiny clumps, but I have two - that happen to be located side by side that have really jumped this year. They are some of the first ones I planted back three or four summers ago and multiplying really well. One is Wedding Feast and I forget what the name of the second one is. I am a little nervous about digging into them. Should I wait until they are finished blooming to disturb them?

Sandra - you sure got your money's worth for that dollar for sure! It is really pretty and I totally love that Hold your Horses! Where did you get that one?

I meant to take a photo of a flower that has multiple flowers on multiple stems ,....starts out pink and fades to white with double blooms. I know I got it from someone at one of the roundups and I remember there being a discussion on the list as to what it's real name was but I can't read my tag..... need to know what it is. It is really putting on a show this year.

It appears that I lost all my monardas...... don't know if it was the heat and drought of last summer or the cold weather but none of them came back!

Ripley, MS

Phyllis gave me Hold Your Horses, not real sure where she got it, she bought ot and divided with me. It sure is pretty. Your flower sounds like a confederate rose, but they don't bloom until fall, so show us a picture.
I would wait until fall to divide, it will not hurt the daylily, but it will hurt you in this heat ! We are under a heat advisory again today.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

No flowers here but LOOK!!!!!!! what i got growing. baby shitakes, i'm so excited, I can't see straight.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I swear, I went out and looked the logs over, we've been soaking them again, and the water brought out the mushrooms, looks like now that they are shrinking back into the logs. Hopefully in a few days they'll emerge , the one log has I know, at least 50 or so (not exagerating eithe r ) baby shrooms coming out of the log.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Not sure if you can see all the babies on this side. I know their not going to grow any faster with me checking on them ever hour, but i can't help it, I don't think i've been this excited since I was a kid at christmas time.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.