Iris, what a yummy scent.

Fort Wayne, IN

My Irises are just beautiful this year.

Thumbnail by acts238
Fort Wayne, IN

a picture of my poppies blooming.

Thumbnail by acts238
Chichester, NH(Zone 5b)

Those Irises are such a beautiful purple color....what is the scent like?

Thank you for showing your beautiful flowers.

Fort Wayne, IN

astcgirl, I went back out to smell them and they smell like grape juice and root beer, I could just sniff all the smell right out of them. lol
I have plenty to share. If you remember in August Dmail me and I can send you some tubers, the bed is getting pretty big and I'll be doing some thinning. The only thing is, I don't remember the name since I bought them a loooong time ago.
Grace

Chichester, NH(Zone 5b)

Grape Juice and Root Beer....that sounds delicious....thank you for the offer Grace, I would love to however I don't think they would do too well here in the Florida heat.
Samantha

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Samantha I have some growing here in the heat of the desert. You might give them a try especially if they smell like grape soda!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

What beautiful beautiful iris, isn't it amazing how fragrant iris can be, wow just love'm. I'd love to do a trade if intrested, either for other iris or perenns. looks at my have list and let me know. I promise, I will truely enjoy them, lol. Good Luck, Kathy...........Here a pix of one of my new favs., is Iris germanica: "Amarillis", very unique frag. and very yummy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Oooops, sorry don't have my iris listed on trade list yet, but if intrested give me an idea of what you might like, color wise, most of my tags gone also. One above smells like jasmine. Here's a pix of Dianthus X Loveliness (verrryy fragrant, Humulus Aureous, and Centranthus ruber, light and sweet, love it. My garden is just beginning to get some good blooming, was a cool wet spring. Mock orage just about to bloom, yumm. Good Luck, Kathy.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Duh, sorry is not dianthus, is perennial geranium "Roseanne". this is dianthus X. Loveliness, lol. Kathy.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Unique looking iris. Love the name since it is one of my favorite flowers. I will need to look that one up. Does it have a strong fragrance?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.