Summer in Missoula MT

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi good folks,
My son leaves in a week for work as a summer camp leader/ counselor near Missoula. He is really looking forward to it! We're East Coasters. But he hasn't gotten much detail on what to pack. I'm just wondering how the temps are around there for June and July, whether or how many jeans VS shorts, and sweatshirts or jackets to bring. Any advice?

Glenwood Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Sally G,

I have seen it snow in the middle of July here in the area around Aspen, CO. I would pack an assortment of clothes. I would also pack one or two oversize, cotton, long sleeve shirts with some 100% deet repellent. The long sleeves also help with the intense sun at high altitudes.

Sonny

Thanks Sonny!

Stockett, MT(Zone 4a)

Hi Sally
My brother lives in Missoula,ans 3 of my sons went to UM there. After mid June its unusual to have day temps under 75.Anyone from the east coast will love the climate there, and I lived in 4 different states on east coast.

Hi slumpond-
You may not have noticed this thread started last year~~ Regardless, my son really enjoyed Montana! He bought back great pictures and memories. They got into Glacier on one weekend.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.