High Noon Tree Peony

Quadra Island, BC(Zone 7b)

My daughter bought me a High Noon 3 years ago. Last spring, it bloomed for the 1st time. Instead of a yellow double, it turned out to be a white single! So, earlier this year, I bought another one with two buds. It was obviously a different plant - the leaves a different color, etc. Yesterday, the buds opened. This time it is a double but is still white.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if it will turn yellow in another year or so. The original one has a bud but hasn't opened yet - but it still looks like it will be white. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Anne

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Have you tried contacting the seller of the second plant?

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

I bought High Noon last year and did nto get it into the ground till the thaw this spring. So ... it did not bloom this year, and I will keep an eye on it for next year. The foliage is turning red at the edges.

Quadra Island, BC(Zone 7b)

I haven't talked to them yet but will be going over to town later this week so I'll drop in on them then. It's just a small local nursery so I don't think they are terribly knowledgeable about some stuff. The peonies I bought from them were the same as the ones I see for sale everywhere else - with a tag showing a picture and the name of the peony on a bit of white tape wrapped around the bottom of the stem. I believe they just buy them from a grower and pot them up for sale. Living on a small island has its drawbacks but I'll see if I can talk to them at the end of the week when we take the ferry across.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.