Odd colored visitor

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I keep seeing this little fellow on my deck and the door facing. He/it is a very light color...more grey clay looking. Can anyone identify this for me?
Thanks

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Maybe this is a clearer picture.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Having troubles with the camera today...everything is fuzzy but I think just maybe this one is better still.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma
Athens, OH

Looks like a grey tree frog.
If so, they come in several color variants from grey, to greenish brown to light grey.
ROX

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, it is a tree frog (and they can end up in the strangest places at times).

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Thanks for responding. I have never seen one the color of this one so I was curious. Looked like it had been coated with either putty or driller's mud.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

They may change color. I've seen some almost white and this one is greenish on top and kind of gray on the bottom (maybe blending into the pecan tree it is attached to).

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

They sure are cute, Granny. :)

A.

BROOKFIELD, Australia

Post #8615330

Tell me about it - This is Fran the Frog who hitched a ride from Qld to Vic in amongst my Bromeliads. Sadly, he has run away now - I was hoping to get him to a safe place where they take care of lost frogs. Victoria is too cold for this little guy in winter.

Thumbnail by biddy52
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I work for a very large greenhouse that supplies big box retail stores up and down the east coast with annual flowers and poinsettias at Christmas.

My manager called me one day a couple of seasons ago to tell me she'd found a tree frog in one of the poinsettias (in December!) so I drove 80 miles round trip to go collect and save him. I eventually found a nature center that took him in for a forever home. Figured since he was born and lived in a greenhouse it wouldn't do to release him out in the cold, even in the mild weather, he'd have had a hard time adapting.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Oh I love tree frogs.
It was raining here a few days ago and I had an encounter with one on my pottting bench. He went back behind some stuff and I carefully went to move it as I was afraid I might have hurt him. There were three of them! When my three year old grand-daughter came over later in the day I had to show her what Bema had found. She's still gets afraid when she encounters wildlife so we try to expose her to it in a positive manner.

Madison, WI

I remember Tree Frogs in SoFla after rainy periods....
there would be "ponds" everywhere, full of tadpoles. We used to catch them and watch them turn into frogs then release them.
How times and populations have changed...

I still manage to get some so my granddaughters can watch them develop.......so some things haven't change all that much.

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

These are one of the things I miss about living in the US! Now I'm back home I don't see tree frogs any more. Here's one that was in my echeveria pot one summer in Maine.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

What a cute little froggie! They are out in droves here. My husband actually found one hopping down the stairs (inside) yesterday, LOL.
We have little green and also the little brown tree frogs.
I love hearing them at night and it's always a pleasant surprise to run into one under something on the potting bench.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.