Memorial Day

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Remembering those who have given their lives to serve our country - and thankful for all who serve today.

Tell us about someone you are thinking of today. I have my grandfather on my mind. Grateful he is still living. Has a purple heart.

This message was edited May 30, 2011 7:12 AM

Thomaston, CT

I'm sure you enjoy being with him, SOJ. This is the second Memorial Day without my DH, and of course, the loss is still always with me. When I was in NH this weekend, DH's bil, who is a hale & hearty 88 years old, was remembering his time in North Africa....he told me many stories, including one concerning the dog he brought home from the war....can't believe he managed to do that all those years ago!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Here's an iris dedicated to the troops. It bloomed this weekend, just in time, and is supposed to rebloom. It's called Lest We Forget... My cousin stormed Normandy. I think of high school kids I knew who never came back from 'Nam.

Thumbnail by RosemaryK
Thomaston, CT

Just a beautiful iris & sentiment.....

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

I hope good memories of your husband help ease the pain of missing him, Robindog. Love the iris - and its name, Rosemary!

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, SOJ

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It seems there isn't anyone in my family that DIDN'T serve.
Greatgrandfathers, grandfathers, uncles, my father, my fil, my brothers and even my one sister and now I have 2 nephews that are currently serving

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.