Shihtzumom's Clematis 2011

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This is the best year for this Etoile Violette on my front fence. I have several of this stunning clematis so here is the first one

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Close up

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Side view with Santana

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Galore - one of 2

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

John Huxtable with 4th of July. I had this huge clematis climbing up the deck at my hubby's garage last year but he added a section on and sadly - I will need to move this clematis in early spring so I can enjoy it - can't see it from anyone point besides his garage!

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This would make a great view if it were the house, not the garage

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Blue Angel today!

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Another Etoile Violette

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Romantika just starting - this has beefy stems and was planted last year. It is almost black

This message was edited May 28, 2011 8:38 PM

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Still out on this one. Possibly Madame Edward Andre' or Volucea - I need to compare with Clematis on The Web.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This is a 3 year old clematis that I had as a seedling. It's like a type 2 and huge - like The President but it blooms again with smaller blooms - thinking I have one of a kind going on here.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

The Bride. Planted this spring and it's first bloom

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Hagley Hybrid

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Angelique with only one bloom

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Claire de Lune which is hard for my camera to capture- a stunning, huge bloom

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Each and every one is gorgeous, Kathy. I love your white fence and the view from the garage - just too beautiful.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Henryi which I love this year. It's really shown great flowers this year that last and last even with the heavy rain - I love white clematis in the garden to brighten up spots

This message was edited May 29, 2011 11:02 AM

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Pirl, I'm trying to get some of my pics on a thread I can keep in the event my computer crashes! LOL I think I'm getting summer to quickly.

Kathy

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Westerplatte

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Nelly Moser

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Ville de Lyon - one of a couple I have.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Same here with the heat, Kathy. Today wasn't so hot as it was humid so it made it unbearable.

My Henryi has gone beserk this year and must have 100 stems. Can't wait for it to bloom.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

My huge Etoile Violette that is huge- wide and tall, reaching to the roof. Tons of buds

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

The side view of John Huxtable and 4th of July

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Another view of Ville de Lyon

This message was edited May 28, 2011 8:55 PM

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Ivan Olsson with Westerplatte

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Claire de Lune close up

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Starburst (one of 3)

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

A stunning clematis, 1st year with her. Guernsey Cream

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

As Guernsey is opening you see the beautiful shade of green

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

more tomorrow. Several have started to open up. One that has been a great clematis for me is Barbara Harrington and she has been massive in size but this year she's not been so happy in her 4th year I believe. Will post a pictures tomorrow of her last year and will post when she get herself together and starts to grow and bloom!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

So lovely, can't wait for the show to continue. Nice view from the garage, but I am sure it will be better appreciated elsewhere. My Galore bloomed this spring. I was surprised how small and sweet the bloom is.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm surprised more pictures of roses and clematis aren't being posted on the threads. I feel like the extra feeding and high temps after the rains have made my garden a few weeks in advance.

Yeah, the John H will be moved in spring.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

These are from last year and I'm waiting on them to pop open for 2011.

Comtesse de Bouchaud is one of my favorites because the color is dusty mauve and she's planted with Barbara Harrington - sister plants.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Florida - Vienetta
Great flowers but slow for me. I need to relocate this beauty so it can be seen while sitting close by so you can enjoy the detail of the flowers.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Venosa Violacea - 2 plants climbing up a pole will make a great show this year. She is starting to bloom but here is a close up of her last year

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Lady Betty and Huldine are planted together with chicken wire and rebar that comes out of a pole making for a 3 ft circle. This year will be the massive combo's best year as it's looking like a huge mushroom. This is a close up of the 2 but you'll get the full plant picture soon.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Barbara Harrington hasn't done well this year but that's probably due to her massive growth the past 3 years. Here is a picture of last year's flowers

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

You are at least 2 weeks ahead of me Kathy, I am still getting onesy and twosy's on my plants. As usual pictures are fantastic!!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Dan. It was 91 today so I made a birdhouse in the shop after tilling up some of the butterfly bed. After 5 snakes in the small yard already this year I'm really ready to cut back on grassy things. Lots to do but not in 90s.
Kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.