CLOSED: Looking for Suze Weinberg Melting Pot & Utee

Crookston, MN

I am looking for anyone who would like to trade their Melting Pot & Utee for anything that might interest them as I am moving into a smaller place and have LOTS of things that you might be looking for. Just name what you would be interest in and I will let you know if I got it or not. I really want these Melting Pot and Utee items so I would do anything to get them for trade. PLEASE let me know if you have any of these items.

Jessi

Admin note: As of June 27, this member has been banned due to creating multiple aliases that left trading "feedback" for her to establish her trading credentials.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

what are they... hows heat up there from mora braham area,,

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Very glad to hear this. He scammed me out of several expensive plants with no word or trade in return.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I'm so glad I didn't trade with her. She claimed she'd send me a garden fountain and a bunch of oil painting supplies in exchange for LOTS of scrapbooking books, tools and supplies. I insisted she ship first because I had been scammed before. She claimed she'd been scammed before too and thought we should ship at the same time. I said if she didnt want to ship first, we could cancel the trade. Never heard from her again. Glad I didn't send her $200 worth of scrapbooking items.

This message was edited Jun 29, 2011 6:39 PM

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Well I discovered today that she is really a he :). I did a bit of digging and he has been banned on other trading sites as well. I am just kicking myself because I should have known better. He does live a near by town and I am thinking about paying him a visit LOL.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Notice that he/she lives in "Crookston". Maybe that was a clue we overlooked. LOL

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

She'd been bugging me about trades and I got suspicious when she answered one of my dmails with one of her bogus screen names. I sent it to Admin and viola! No more PlantersFool from Crookston, MN. She had 5 or 6 bogus screen names, all created within the time s/he joined DG (may) and they all had left glowing praise for her under feedback about the plants she'd traded.

Hope nobody got taken by the s/henanigans.

A.

o - distantkin I am sorry that happened. :/

I wondered why s/he picked me and I figured ultimately that it was pretty widespread. S/he claimed to have a box of plants waiting for FedEx (?!) to pick up. S/he kept mailing me saying, didja send it didja send it? What about those poor plants waiting in a FedEx box by the door? Jerk.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2011 2:37 PM

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Amanda, I got the same story--box waiting for FedX to pick up, did you send yet. She said she'd feel better if we both sent at the same time. Well, so would I, but apparently I would have been the only one sending anything. I'm glad I trusted my instincts; I've been scammed similarly a few times and on big trades with people I've never traded with before, I insist on receiving before sending. If the other trader isn't agreeable, the trade is cancelled. My feedback and my length of membership here speaks for itself.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, I had mentioned it to FOTV a couple of weeks before I contacted Admin about the "weird" trade. She told me to trust my gut and girlie intuition. :)

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Yeah that was basically what she told me too. And I did; I didn't send end out.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

LOL Fedex for me too. I sent my package and he said he never got it, it had a confirmation number and that is how I knew he had. I hate that now I am leery to do any trading. That trade cost me a chunk of change. I am still contemplating visiting Crookston when I go that way on vacation. I felt bad for him because he told me this story about the ER and leg problems. He even mentioned my son being hit by a car (from my profile). Did his homework.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I learned my lesson a few years ago, so I knew better than to send out a large trade to someone I hadn't traded with before UNTIL I received. With small trades, I'm not always so careful. But this would have been about $200 worth of supplies plus about $40 in shipping. She kept insisting that I send my end at the same time she sent hers and kept asking had I sent yet, which was funny because she always had an excuse for why her end didn't go out. I'm glad Admin nipped it in the bud so quickly. Good job!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Distantkin - if you were only such a slow-poke as I am, you would never have been taken by that hussy.

Don't be skeert to trade. You know most folks on DG are a friendly, well meaning, "we know where you live" kind of bunch.

To quote a famous poem: "Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals . . .."

What started to get irritating to ME is that she solicited me for trade by dmail and I said OK. Then she kept sending mail - didja send it, didja send it, didja send it - to the point where I was not feeling like sending and getting more and more feeling like something was not right with her. And then her stories were getting convoluted, the extra screen name appeared. See where procrastination can get you?!

There were 45 "replies" on that one dmail she sent before I finally contacted Admin. Most trades have 3 or 4.

Y'all take good care up there in MN. Is there such a place as crookston? Ha. S/he gave me a phone number too so we could " talk." So if you go and you want to call before you arrive, let me know and I'll forward that number OR I could post it all over DG and we can prank her/him till you get your money's worth. :D

Loveya.
A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Distantkin - update us please on what is going on!! Or have you been arrested for lurking around this woman's house? :D

I gave her the phone number given to me by this bogus member and she actually got her on the telephone!

I suggested a small-claims action and I am on the edge of my seat with anticipation!

Good luck!

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Nothing new to report after I called her and she denied everything :) I am still debating if I want to even bother with it anymore. :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Isn't this mail fraud? If you don't pursue it Wouldn't the post office go after her? Even if you don't recover anything it may cost her and stop her from doing it to anyone else.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Not sure about mail fraud - she didn't use the mails to ship at all. Email doesn't count. Plain ol' fraud, misrepresentation, breach of contract, methinks. distantkin may have been vindicated just by scaring the be-jesus out of her over the phone. I know it's an emotional decision. Whatever she does I'm supportive of.

Be aware out there!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

If you sent her something by mail and she promised to send you somethingn but didn't, it's mail fraud. It's also internet fraud because it was all arranged here on the net. So you can and should report her with the IC3 and the USPS:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I definitely would file a complaint. If you have a hard time doing things like this (like I do) Tell her how much money you want for the plants and a time limit like 3 days. Then don't hesitate to do it.

I posted my first negative feedback here. I gave 3 months after I sent my side of the trade for her to make it good and also gave a 3 day warning which turned into weeks...But I finally followed posted it.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Send your complaint to your state's Attorney General - he will gladly sort it out for you and it costs nothing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.