Irresistible!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I've been lusting after some of the flowers y'all have been showing off. So when I was in Memphis a month ago, I bought my first coneflowers--Doppleganger and Irresistible. Doppleganger hasn't bloomed yet, but Irresistible has been blooming for a couple of weeks. I really find it "irresistible". :-)

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Where in Memphis? I want to go get some myself. Thanks.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I believe I got it at Dabney's on Hacks Cross Rd. I also went to Touliatto's but I don't think I got it there. Dabney's gets a lot of the newer stuff in. Have you ever been there? I think they had others too, but I go for the doubles or powder puff looking ones.

They had some exotic hardy hibiscus there too, like Summer Storm, Kopper King, Jazzberry Jam, etc. If you haven't been to Dabney's, plan to spend about 3 hours going from greenhouse to greenhouse. It's my favorite place to shop.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Thanks. I'm going there this weekend. I have asked several people to go with me. I think we'll find something to bring home. LOL.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

You better make everyone take their own vehicles. I've never left Dabney's with anything less than an entire vanload (with all the seats removed for plant hauling). I've threatened friends who tag along that if we buy too much, I'll just tie the friend upon the luggage rack if need be, but no plant shall be left behind.

Wish I could meet up with you this weekend. Maybe in the fall? I'd like to go back then. They're always adding inventory, so you could go monthly and find something different.

Have you been to Homestead Farms in Coldwater, MS? I think it's about a 30 minute drive from Dabney's. They're HUGE too--plan to spend another 3 or so hours there. They probably have some of the new echies and other new plant cultivars. I love that place too.

I wanna see what you get when you get back. Have fun!!! Wish I were there!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Is that a true pink? It looks that way on the computer screen. I don't think I have seen that shade here.

Teresa in KY

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

That's its color in my garden. Almost red, but not quite.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.