Happy b-day Carrielamont

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope you are having a good day.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Carrie.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thank you both! And what a lovely day today, too!

Thumbnail by carrielamont
East Bridgewater, MA

Happy birthday !!!

I've enjoyed your articles very, very much.

You might not understand our connection, but I'll try to explain:

While I was still a very small child, in the early 1960's, my parents would take me and my siblings to the Arnold Arboretum every weekend.

It was magical, no matter what season, although "Lilac Sunday" (which was more like 4-6 weeks) was my special favorite.

It was so poignant to my childhood, I instructed my siblings to (surriptitiously) scatter some of my ashes at a remote spot on the 365-acre arboretum.

Some things you just don't forget.

Nature is magical...especially at the Arnold Arboretum.

Thomaston, CT

Hope you had a lovely day today!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, gosh, thanks for your comments about the Arboretum! I'm not even sure they would have to be secretive or surreptitious about your ashes ...but maybe so. My brother (family baby) got married there a few years ago, in a very simple ceremony on top of a huge hill. Incredible views, but what a climb! And I remember scooping tadpoles out of the pond (at least I think I do) and watching the metamorphosis into frogs.

Beautiful iris picture - ours are out too but I'm too lazy to take a picture!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Carrie!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, cutie!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Carrie and a belated Happy Birthday....all my fault for not logging on yesterday! I hope you are continuing to enjoy the glow of your Special Day!

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

My husband is finally putting down his Blackberrry for a WHOLE WEEK so my birthday is far from over, Louise. We are going to Cancun!

Thumbnail by carrielamont
East Bridgewater, MA

Put down the Blackberry, plant some green blackberries (or other green goodies), and enjoy Cancun !

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Step Away From the Blackberry! I think we'll have a blast, thanks.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

That's quite a nice birthday present, Carrie! Enjoy!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm planning to! We got delayed because DH ran out of HIS medication. (We were supposed to leave yesterday. Tomorrow, instead.)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.