CLOSED: LETS HAVE A PIC_NIX :)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Lets Have a 4th of JULY Picnic
ONLY "GUIDLINES" DELIVER YOUR PIC-NIX BASKETS TO YOUR PARTNER BY OR BEFORE JULY 4 TH

PLANTS THAT HAVE A FOOD NAME IT CAN BE A SWEET TREAT BOX OR A 7 CORSE MEAL :) JUST NEED TO
BE NAMES OF ANY EDIBLE DELIGHTS YOU WOULD TAKE IN YOUR BASKET :)
BUT SHOULD BE PERENNIAL , OR TROPICAL BUT PLEASE NOTE IT TO YOUR PARTNER AS TO WHAT IT IS.

MANY PLACES IS GETTING TO HOT TO DIG THIS IS WHY i'M DOING THIS NOW SO YOU HAVE TIME TO CHOOSE THE PLANTS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO SHARE WITH YOUR PARTNER.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A DELICIOUS PICNIC ♥☺

YOU CAN ALSO SEND SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT SAYS " FREEDOM" THE RED WHITE & BLUE WAY.
HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US .

PLEASE IF YOU KNOW YOUR GOING TO BE GONE WITHIN THAT TIME LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW THIS.

Thumbnail by deejay9
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Susie, is it for plants only? The temps here are already in the 90s and I'm afraid they'd be baked in transit.

Well if others are open for other GOODIES I Thing it would be great So GO FOR IT :)
Just as Long As it has Food FAVORS :) or garden related. rainy day so back to house work YUCK !! WISH I WASN"T SO SWEET , & Affraid of melting ☺ I'd go out & play in the rain :)
susie

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I guess I need you to draw me a picture. I'm not quite following

plants with food names such as

strawberries & cream sedum
milk &honey Astilbe
raspberry mousse toad lily
sweet tea heucherella
weeping cherry
Wine & Roses Iris
strawberry candy daylily

Hmmmm, will have to put on my thinkin' cap before I commit to another swap. :-)

you have a couple weeks :))) ☺

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

These kinds of swaps are fun if you have the plants, but if you are like me, nothing is marked and named and it gets a little complicated. Good Luck!

PLEASE DON"T LET THE NAME GAME STOP YOU IF your out & about in your gardens or maybe in a garden shop you can find .
sweet potato vine, or maybe invite Big boy or ultra girl tomato plant , or how about blue berry plant ,
maybe jack-o-lantern pumpkin . or how about some okra , or some herbs

we can set a limit as to what you can find 1 nice plant , & maybe some smore 's bar :) or sparkers.
just a nice little imagitive PIC_NIX ☺.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Susie.. let me think on it. Things are getting down to the nitty gritty now with my Dad. Not sure how much longer he can hold on. I've been kind of staying out of swaps until he is gone. Never know when I will have to pick up and go stay at home for a little while.

Well I Guess my rainy day Boredome got the best of me when i had thought of doing this really should have known better then to start a swap like this when it is going to be very hot for many to ship & After all the rain my plants look like Jack & the bean stalk plants & would take a huge box to ship in & cost out rageous also .

so after much thought since 5 AM This morn I Thought i better come cancle this one . & Just wait till fall to have a plant swap SO Keep watch .
thank you all for looking .
susie

So sorry to hear of your dad. Will keep you all in my prayers

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Ohhhhhhhh, disappointed Deejay I just got a chance to pop over and see what is happening, but understand I guess.... :(

we can do this later this fall its a busy time right now anyway & I relly should not have even opened it :)

sorry but we will try this fall :)
susie

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Susie you're doing the right thing.
I was walking in my garden this afternoon and DH pointed out our Strawberry Candy daylily!!

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Hopefully, you'll do this one this fall, Susie..I've been getting busy for the round-up and have been checking all my plants out for food names :).

Promise we will be back in the fall with this :) Do a FALL FOOD FEST So Keep track & start looking over your plants :)

well i filled up my Garage with SO MUCH Of MY unused TRASH TO TREASURE & Put a sign up at the end of the road yesterday NOON & I made 100. just for a few hours hope to do allot more today :)

also sold a few plants . one guy wants to buy the land :) for the right price guess we might just sell :)
well i have more to carry out including 5 kittens ☺ so you all have a great weekend .

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

WOW, congrats on the good yard sale! Hope you do well today too! How much land do you have Susie? Make sure you get a fair price for it! A few years ago a lot here 100' X 200' sold for about $5000.00, now it sells for $20,000.00. And that is no water, electricity... Just plain land! SO if your in doubt, call a realtor, and ask for prices on property in your area.

Well another great day Only sold more plants then anything else $65 . in plants & one guy & his wife will be back up this way on weds for more "I HOPE " ☺

we have about 17 acres here & it has been apraised at $110,000. but not sure now since home & land values
have gone down allow . I'm not in a hurry to move . well it has been a long tiring day so off to get my feet up :)
good nite all .
susie

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susie, your going to sell your home and everything? Where will you move too?

No Not at this point for it would be to hard on daddy with him being blind & you cannot teach an old blind doggie New tricks I would never up root him now . but one day this will be to much for me to care for it takes me 5-7 hrs just to mow the grass.

So time will tell as to what I will have to do :)

I received my box!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all great. Have the lily soaking in water and the others were still damp so are good! Thanks so much, I'm so excited. Can't wait to plant them. Don't remember if your card told me if they were sun or shade plants.

Not saying ty susie, because I want them to flourish..... but you know!!!!!!!!!! How about YIPPPPPEEEEEE. Does that cover it. ^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.