Does anyone recognize this one?

Elizabeth City, NC(Zone 8b)

I love it but I've never seen one like this before.

Thumbnail by DayBloomer
Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Looks quite a bit like my clown.

http://cubits.org/Hippeastrum/db/hippeastrums/view/91235/

Sandra :)

Thanks so much Sandra, I googled more pictures of Clown and I do believe your right!

Solingen, Germany(Zone 7a)

I cannot distinguish between "Clown" and "Sydney"

Oh my gosh, they do look a lot alike. I googled both and think maybe mine looks more like Sydney?

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Greetings! I'm new here as of today. I apologize for my late arrival to your conversation.

I kinda, sorta recognize your flower. I have uploaded 3 images from my garden to add to the confusion.

I acquired my bulb from Wal-Mart around Christmas 2003 or perhaps the following year. I was looking for a white but they were sold out. I settled for "Stripes" instead. There was no specific name. The choices were White, Stripes or Red.

My tags and records indicate I have gotten additional bulbs from at least 3 different friends within my community. I suspect they got their bulbs at Wal-Mart too.

I agree with the similarities to the varieties already listed. H. 'Ambiance' might also be a candidate.

I also suspect H. vittatum would be found in the genealogy of all of these...

I live near where Theodore L Mead grew amaryllis back in the late 1890s through 1920s. I’ve occasionally stumbled across references to “old Mead stripes” and liked to think that perhaps this was one of them.

Within my garden I simply call this variety “Peppermint Candy” since I don’t know the true variety name.

Cheers!

Candace

Thumbnail by Wyckoff Thumbnail by Wyckoff Thumbnail by Wyckoff

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.