Uncarina roeoesliana deux

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

My U. roeoesliana died last summer after 2 beautiful years. I got a new one in early spring and on the top left of this picture you can see it is starting to flower. I hope I don't kill this one!

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Decatur, GA

I have 3 Unicarias, all growing well but no flowers! Maybe the cold spell slowed them up.
I am sorry you lost your plant Nancy. Some of these cuckoo plants we grow can be very touchy and unpredictable. It often feels like a hit and a miss. But it sure is fun!!
Helen

Colton, CA(Zone 8b)

I had an old time, very experienced, grower tell me when I first got started, that until I had killed a few thousand plants I would not have learned anything about gardening. He said he had never learned anything from a plant he had grown successfully. Don

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks Don & Helen! You both make me feel better.That grower sure makes a good point! I never really thought of it that way.
I have this new U. roeoesliana and I also have a U. peltata that I moved to s-h last fall. It is coming along slowly and is just getting new leaves for the summer.

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Yardley, PA

I have had this U roeosliana for at least 10 years. Just love this plant and it's form. It has been in s/h for the last 7 years and really likes it.

Thumbnail by Sally0
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I am going to move my new U. roeoesliana into s-h in the next couple days. I hope it will do as well as yours Sally!

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

I would like to have this. Is it easy to grow from seed and if so about how long would it take to form a caudex and/or bloom?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.