Wonderful Knee Pads For Garden and Home Repair

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I've tried those strap-on knee pads but they cut the circulation off in my legs. I've tried those garden kneeling pads and they're too small. So often, one of my knees ends up in the dirt (or in the mud lately).

Recently, at a flea market, I found a Boogie Board or Body Surfing Board for $5. It's about 3 ft long I guess. I'm not sure what it's made of, some kind of foamboard. But it is the wonderful solution! It's lightweight and long so both knees fit on it and I can even slide over on it without falling off in the mud. It's great for weeding, planting, or any of my garden chores I do on my knees. I can also use it indoors when I'm installing a new floor or dealing with a plumbing issue under the sink, or just cleaning out a lower cabinet.

Yesterday, at another flea market, I found two more for $5 each. So I'm all set for a few years. So if knee pads aren't working for you, find a boogie board. I remove the strap that is screwed on because it hurts when I kneel on that screw. But the board is about an inch thick and very comfortable. Anyone else using them?

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!