What to do With Some Banana Leaf Ceiling Fan Blades?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I have a jacked up ceiling fan that has these beautiful wicker fan blades that look Banana plant leaves. I'd like to use the fan blades in my tropical garden somehow. What could I make with them? I thought about a windmill, but I have no idea how I'd do that. I can't really make an artifical plant out of them because they don't really look like a plant. But they are tropical looking with stiff wicker oval blades.

They look similar to this:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_125080-1811-ED52ANMBK5LK_4294935502_4294937087_?productId=1214057&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&pl=1¤tURL=%2Fpl_Ceiling%2BFans_4294935502_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_quantity_sold%7C1%26page%3D5

Any ideas? I love the blades and hate to trash them. They aren't compatible with my other ceiling fans; I already tried to trade them out, but they wouldn't work. What can I do with them? I know someone out there has a creative idea!

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!