May 19th, 2011: Japanese Water Iris 'Gusto' (Iris ensata) by pirl

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

The Bloom of the Day for May 19th, 2011 was Japanese Water Iris 'Gusto' (Iris ensata).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2011-05-19

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

lovely Pirl.. I saw blue on this dreary morning .. made me very happy .. thanks!!

Malvern, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful!!!!

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Nice! I love it in front of the astilbe!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

does make a perfect backdrop

LaSalle, Ontario, Canada

Absolutely beautiful, I was going to ask what that white flower was but someone else said it was Astilbe, is that right?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thanks to all! What a surprise to enjoy with my first cup of coffee.

Yes, that is astilbe 'Bridal Veil'.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wowzers pirl!! That is a lovely shot! Just lovely! ♥

Thank you!

A very special thank you to Songs of Joy who sent me that JI years ago. I was only on my first cup of coffee when I sent the original message.

:) I'm glad to see it's doing well! The ones you sent me in exchange are also doing great!

Well, I just couldn't resist picking this beautiful shot and it's so nice to now see it was a special plant sent by another DGer, makes it even sweeter!

It really does! Now if she'd just send me her gorgeous garden shed I'd really be thrilled. Post a photo of it, please, Christina. Thanks.

Just look at what Christina created out of a slope after she removed the grass:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8548494

It's stunning!

Beautiful!!

Hmm...well shipping the shed might be a bit of a challenge :). Thanks for your kind words, Arlene. Here it is.

Thumbnail by SongsofJoy

Perfection.

Thank you.

And here's my Gusto with ferns. I like it better with the white astilbe. I might need to move it.... :)

Thumbnail by SongsofJoy
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lovely pictures girls;o) I ♥ that thread on the slope design - wow! And that shed ain't half bad either - lol.

Ahhh, now wasn't that a calender shed photo? It looks very familiar.

That cottage shed should be a magazine cover! Love Gusto with the ferns. You could just move a fern or two and plant an astilbe. It's nice that the astilbe and JI's bloom at the same time.

Thumbnail by pirl
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

beautiful

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.