Free Seed For NewBees

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1160896/#new
News...news... Corey is going to try his hand at the free seeds for Newbees program that we all know and love!! You can find him here http://davesgarden.com/members/RickCorey_WA/
I will be sending boxes of seed to him tomorrow so give him a few days ...to settle himself in and around all the seeds...then...he will be the go to guy!!

For now here are the directions Corey will arrange and rearrange as the days pass... I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your participation in the program !! It has been a blessing to be able to participate myself . I have met many many wonderful people all giving and receiving. Honestly there is no better job...I know Corey will love it and be a great keeper!! I will be focusing on Mit's Irises and sales for the next few weeks, so you will know where to find me!!!

Hugs to you all. I love each and everyone of you. Robin

Chat Thread here also lots of new and old Newbees...be sure to stop in and introduce your self...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1178854/

K here we are!! This thread is for Newbie information and questions, No scrambles on this thread...

To get your free seeds

Be Sure to put your dmail name and a note of wants in your envie, along with return name and address
Address exchange is here http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/
You have to add your information to be able to access everyone else's

Please feel free to Dmail me with questions
Many of us "oldies" and some Newbies would like to share our seeds with those of you new to Dave's. By new, we mean you joined in the last 8 months(or so) and are a paying member.
Send me a SASBE (Self addressed, stamped bubble envelope) and we'll send you 10 packets of seeds. (Usually more, depends on our stash) That's all there is to it. Let us know you are sending your envy. Just Dmail me with sent envie today in the subject. You will get a good variety of good seeds.

If you can, stick a note in your envy and tell me they types of things you like. Veggies and Flowers, some seeds you are looking for, stuff like that. It will help me fill your envy. I can't always get just what you ask for, but will try.

Postage keeps going up so now we need five usually,

Send 5 stamps and an address label with your name on it.
4 of the stamps will go back on your return envy, the extra will go into the "pot" I don't use it for personal use, but it helps when some mail comes with postage due and when the "oldies" send boxes of seeds sometimes there is postage due.
Best thing to do is just send me an empty bubble envy with your label and stamps inside. I can use that same envy to send your seeds back. Saves that envy!!
Also, if you will scotch tape the envy to send to me, I can use the self adhesive and won't destroy your envy pulling them open when I get them.
Please make sure you put enough stamps on your envelope you send to me. An empty bubble envy is at least 84 cents, so two stamps. If you are sending seeds, it's more of course.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR D MAIL NAME WITH YOUR ENVY.

I am in the address exchange, so you know where to send the envy. If you can't find it, just d mail and I'll shoot it right to you. At the top of your home page, you'll see the link "EXTRA'S" ,Go into that link, scroll down and you'll see the address exchange this goes to the exchange http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/ you have to add yourself to the exchange then you can get my address.

Oldies! lol If you would like to donate seeds, it would be great.!! I know how much I loved it when I was new and someone sent me seeds to get me started. Now I want to pay it forward and maybe you would too.

For those of you who would like to help the newbies, but just don't have a lot of seed, if you would like to trade for seeds, that is great as well. Send seeds for the newbies and I will send you the same amount back. Put a note in with your DG name and let me know what you are looking for also.
Happy Gardening Everyone,
Robin

Thumbnail by arejay59

Congratulations Corey! Welcome and sure hope you enjoy the new task.
Robin, you have blessed so many with seeds and friendship and we all thank you so much for all you have done for us all. Big hugs my friend. I'm picking out Iris as we speak to add to my Iris garden. Wooooo-Hoooooooo!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Robin, you mentioned something on the other thread about mits iris and sale. Where can I find that?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

THe IRis thread isnt up yet but Ill dmail you Crit!!

thanks arejay. When does it usually come up?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

He only started last year and I think I posted that one in June...I will have this one up well before June...

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Everyone!

All thanks and praise to Robin for doing such a great job, for so long, at such a big and generous task!

It feels like a big responsibility, but I'll try to live up to the name of "Keeper". Robin, you can always have it back, and I hope you will make suggestions.

Everyone: seed donations and swaps are always welcome! Please let me know if I may list your name on seed packet labels, like "seeds from XYZ".

- - - -

"New Bee", means that you joined DG in the last 8 months or so and are a paying subscriber. (Not "new to gardening".)
For postage, we'll send you at least 10 packets of seeds in a bubble mailer.
That's all there is to it, thanks to all who share seeds with new members of the Dave's Garden community.

Everyone, new and old: if you would like to donate seeds for new members, that would be great!
If you don't have lots of seed to give away, we can trade similar quantities (Dmail or post a list of your Wants).

There is also a "New Bee" Chat Thread over in the "Garden Talk" forum:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1152857/

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1160896/

The DG Address Exchange is: http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/
(You have to add your address to be able to see everyone else's.)

To get your seeds, send whichever you prefer:

1. A bubble envelope containing 4 or 5 first-class stamps, your printed address and a Want list.
(Even the empty mailer will cost you $1.71 to send, so this is the most expensive option.)
(I am in the address exchange as RickCorey_WA, so you know where to send it.)

2. A First Class envelope with 5 or 6 First Class stamps, your printed address and a Want list.
(I'll supply the bubble mailer.)

3. A private Dmail or post on this thread, $3.00 by PayPal, and a Want list.
(Don't post your address here in the public forum, send it by Dmail or put it in the Address Exchange.)

Be sure to send:
- - - your DG screen name,
- - - real name,
- - - return address,
- - - postage and
- - - a list of "Wants".

You can list specific or general Wants: vegetables, annual flowers, re-seeders, perennial seeds, or particular plants. We won't always have exactly what you ask for, but will try.

It's fine to print or type your address on a plain piece of paper: I will glue-and-tape it to your return bubble mailer.
If you use tape to close the bubble mailer you send to me, I'll do the same when I return it, so you can use it a third time.

We need four stamps worth of postage ($1.71) to return a bubble mailer, and the extra stamp goes into the "pot" for postage due. If you don't send a bubble mailer, we ask for an extra stamp to pay for the new mailer.
Please make sure to use enough stamps when you send to me. An empty bubble mailer is now $1.71 (four stamps).

If you are kindly sending seeds to share, it may cost more:

First Class "Package" ... bubble mailer
1 ounce $1.71
2 ounces $1.71
3 ounces $1.71
4 ounces $1.88
5 ounces $2.05
6 ounces $2.22
7 ounces $2.39
8 ounces $2.56

Please feel free to Dmail me with questions.

Happy Gardening Everyone,
Rick Corey
(Helping Robin)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Congratulation Rick on becoming the new Keeper! Robin is a tough act to follow but I'm sure you will do great - you sound excited and that's half the battle!

Robin my friend, you better stay in touch and hang out with us... or I will call the dark sister and have her send Lucy to Maine to pay you a visit - lol. Don't forget me when you are ready for Mit's sale!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks very much! I'll try to stay organized.

Corey

You will be a super-duper seed keeper!!!!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks, I will try.

(Funny - the first challenge will be finding an empty spot in my house for KEEPING them all!)

Corey

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh my goodness you have all been busy !! My printer ran out of Ink Corey.....Ill get ink today so I can continue with the click and ship.....
I am sending an envelope full of stuff today odds and ends they arent in the box because the box is sealed...Stamps,seed envelopes,odd seed packages that I have only one or two of things like that!!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

No problem. I should probably look into some kind of online postage or print-your-own. I guess the name really is Click-N-Ship.

It always seems to me that I can't remember the last few things that need to go into a box until I tape it for shipping. So now I grab the tape gun and wave it at the box (then walk away), hoping that will remind me.

Corey

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

...click-n-ship works great I use it all the time....

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I guess this means "today":

Detailed Results:

Out for Delivery, May 25, 2011, 9:26 am, EVERETT, WA 98204
Sorting Complete, May 25, 2011, 9:16 am, EVERETT, WA 98204
Arrival at Post Office, May 25, 2011, 6:34 am, EVERETT, WA 98204
Processed through Sort Facility, May 23, 2011, 9:21 pm, SCARBOROUGH, ME 04074
Acceptance, May 23, 2011, 1:54 pm, LITCHFIELD, ME 04350
Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 22, 2011

Looks like it. However, it doesn't give a 'delivered' time. May check back on it.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

My email says they have been delivered let me know if not Ill call the post office tomorrow....

That means it was delivered to your PO ,I believe.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I'll know soon!

Corey

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Do you have them ?

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Got 2 of 3 boxes and got the envelope. The third box didn't fit "below" and I need to get it from the park manager who mostly hides out, but I can find him.

I'm sorting things now.

Corey

Yippie! Seeds are a flying and now landed!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Did you ever see a puppy in front of a linen closet, shaking towels and pillowcases and facecloths and socks, surrounded by square miles of scattered linen, happy as a pig in a Piggy Swap?

That's me, going through Robin's boxes.

And I only have 2/3rds of them so far!

Corey

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

lol...I have been there!!! Hugs everyone!!

Thumbnail by arejay59

Have fun Rick!
Robin it is so cloudy and rainy today the color is not good but here is my Manarda starting to bloom.
Edited to correct typo!

This message was edited May 27, 2011 12:27 PM

Thumbnail by mekos
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ohhhh I can smell it from here!! I love my Mondara!! I can hardly stand the wait! I want my stuff blossoming!!!

That patch has pink, red and lavender all together but red is all that has bloomed so far.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I picked up box #3 during lunch, and had to bring it back to work.

Then I had to show it to some people here.

Why did they look at me like I'm crazy, and back away quietly?

Was it my maniacal laughter, or the way my eyes glow like 150 Watt light-bulbs?

Corey

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

LOLOLOL oh no...he has definitely got it!!!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Yeah, "I might be a seedhead".

And water might flow downhill.

Corey

MIGHT BE????????

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Knock knock...excuse me...Al are you here? Crit are you here?Iris Delivery this weekend?

Thumbnail by arejay59
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

That blue iris is pretty, Robin! Absolutely gorgeous!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You Skell!! How are you ? If you see Al or Crit...tell them I am looking for them please!!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I'll surely do that if I see them! I'm OK, thanks for asking.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hmm its been a year almost to the date...how is everyone? I just reread your post Skell and it reminded me that I think I forgot to send you a maple tree:( guess I better get digging.....

Thumbnail by arejay59
Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Robin!

There has been more action over in the Seed Trading Forum thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1247995/

I'm not sure anyone is still watching in this forum.
Welcome back!

Corey

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You Corey!!

((((((((((((((((((((ROBIN)))))))))))))))) So glad to see you. I wondered what had happened to you! I'm so glad to see that you are back!

Canton, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey is this offer still available?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.