A Helpful Idea

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Wanted to show you all this little number. I have had this magazine rack from my MIL ever since we cleaned out her house. Some years I plant in it, some I don't, mostly because getting a liner is a pain in the butt. So this year I think I had a brilliant idea. Wanted to share it with you all because you may have some openwork containers like this that you don't use. I hate the coco fiber liners. They are thick and clumsy and hard to get to fit. So my solution was to take a roll of weed fabric that I had. Cut off a piece. Line the planter. Fill with soil. Trim the edges and just tuck them inside the soil and BINGO! Instant liner. The soil can breathe and drain and for me it is a whole lot more unobstrusive that the other options. Hope you can see it. The sun is really out right now.

Neener

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
This thread has 54 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!