pomegranate - this is so cool!!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

rather than load 7 or 8 separate photos I am going to try this big long single picture... I got this pomegranate at a Georgia RU about 5 or 6 years ago and it has bloomed but never made fruit. This year it IS making fruit - pray it will continue and not just fall off - but it is the weirdest thing they way it works...

Keep fingers crossed this big, long, pix works.

Thumbnail by sterhill
Lula, GA

Sterling, Congratulations on getting pomegranates! At least little ones!

And your pictoral is fantastic- very good detail and explainations!! Congrats of this, too! Looking for developing fruit in future photos! I click on the blurry photo in your post and wow, the clarity is amazing!

Brenda

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Love the long picture with the dialog. Can you give lessons? What photo editor did you use?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I was not too sure if that long picture would post here but I hate the way we have to do multiple posts to get multiple pictures up so I figured I would try it. I use photoshop.

I am fascinated by the way this fruit grows. I've never had the opportunity to watch this, close up... I got an email from my brother that said "These look nothing like the fruit I have bought." well, not YET!

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Sterhill -- thank you sooo much. That is awesome. Who knew??

Love the photo,, and love the fruit too. I have PSP wonder if it will do the same!!

(Linny) Salem, SC(Zone 7b)

This is amazing. Thanks for showing us the fruit and the pics all together that way. This is much better than trying to do a collage.

This fruit has a magical quality to it. Spiritual, I guess would be a better word.

Linny

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Love those pomegranate. Hope it hangs on for you.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

thanks everybody - I am really hoping I'll get some fruit. I think this is such an amazing plant!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Wow is all I can say , what a wonderful pictorial view of this great plant.
I havent seen a Pomegranite bush since childhood. I remember my Grandmother having a huge one, and the enourmous thorns that grew on it. The fruit was so sweet and beautiful. The inside looked like tiny jewels , almost too gorgeous to eat!

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine had over 75 fruits on it last year.. It is blooming now and will continue to bloom and bear fruit until frost..Frost always gets the last crop, but that's ok, my goat loves them..

Larkie

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Larkie - I know you are in a little warmer area than me, but hopefully I will get some actually ripe fruit, too. Like Eufaula, I remember seeing some growing about a brazillion years ago when I was little.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.