May 16th, 2011: Thornless Floss Silk Tree 'Majestic Beauty' (Ceiba speciosa) by

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

The Bloom of the Day for May 16th, 2011 was Thornless Floss Silk Tree 'Majestic Beauty' (Ceiba speciosa).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2011-05-16

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Great picture!! So clear and detailed.

What camera did you use?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice shot Kell - very pretty bloom!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very unusual.. and pretty

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks. This tree is a real treat when in full bloom. The flowers are good sized too so you can really enjoy it!

Hi Martie. I had to go look at what camera I had then. It was a weird shaped Canon that was out for like 2 weeks and I was one of the jerks that bought it. I think I used it for just a few weeks. Canon PowerShot TX1

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

My first 35 mm camera was a Canon AE1. I loved it. Over the next year I bought a wide angle lense, a zoom lems with doubler, and several micro lens. I had the camera for 18 years and only had it in for repair once. They had to clean sand out of it. I was shooting pictures are a dirt bike race of a friends son when a biker went nuts and mowed me down. But I got some great shots, before the accident. I used to do ametuer photography and made a little extra money doing it. In 2000, I was living in Bakersfield, CA and was hired to shoot some pictures, I packed the car for the shoot for the next day and went into take a short nap. I was due to leave for the shoot at 1 AM, When I got in the car at 1 AM I found that someone had broken out my back passenger window and cleaned out my car. Beside my camera bag, which was under blankets and my coat in the back set, they took a library book, the blankets and my coat, but they did not check out the glovebox where I had tossed an envie with $260.00 in it. The library made me pay for the book, even though I had a police report that the book had been stolen. i have not been able to replace the $1000.00+ in camera eqiupment I lost that day, plus I don't know what camera I want to replace it with or if I want the same thing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.