Tiny contest for tiny tubers

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

I don't have a lot of 2010 tubers, and a lot were very small. Nevertheless, a lot sprouted, so I want to give them to someone who could use them. So I have two medium sized boxes crammed with as many as I could put in there, and I will have a tiny contest for them.

So I am thinking of two numbers between 1 and 10. Guess one of them and get a box. You get two guesses per day, but you cannot give the second guess until someone else has guessed after you. Don't guess unless you want to experiment with these, I am not sure they will all be good plants, but with so many tubers, it may be worth your while.

Tod

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

4 and 9

I will overlook the second guess as the first (4) was correct, you win the first box! One box left to go.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

oh my goodness. lol. Thanks!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

You're a good guy, Tod.

Athens, PA

hmmmm 2 and 6

no more correct guesses yet!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Tod - the first box of tubers that I generously got from you two years ago was the first time I ever really grew dahlias. and I haven't stopped since. Thanks to you, dahlias have become one of my favorite cut flowers. I am guessing 8.

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 5b)

I don't know if this is open to newbies or not but I will guess 7 if it is.

I just finished planting my dahlias yesterday, earlier than I did last year but the good folks at my local Dahlia society said they were planting theirs this weekend so I figured they know better than I do.

Athens, PA

I am guessing again - 9 and 5?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

There has to be a winner, Tod!

SoniaUtah is the winner! Just Dmail me your name and address and I will ship it out to you.

Tod

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 5b)

Tod, the tubers arrived safe and sound yesterday and look great! They seem quite viable so it would be exciting to see if the tiniest ones grow (some certainly aren't tiny though!). I'm very excited though, they're all different from ones I have except 1 - and that one is one that still hasn't popped an eye so it probably won't.

Thank you SO much, I truly appreciate it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.