Echinacea 'Rainbow' - Third Year

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

This is my favorite Echinacea. You can't buy it. I'm the only one that has it. LOL. The blooms change colors, and right now they are starting to get the pink circle around the middle. I planted it with Penstemons 'Dark Towers' and 'Mystica.' I've never seen an Echinacea this tough. It survived the bad flood last year and was under water for three days!

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac

Here's another photo of it showing Yucca 'Color Guard' and Nepeta 'Walker's Low' in the background. I really like the soft colors.

Here's a pic showing the yellow and cream streaks in the petals. The backs of the petals are yellow. It's such a beauty!

Here's another photo of an older bloom getting more of the pink tones.

A fresh bloom showing how the petals are soft yellow and show the pink, white, and yellow all at once. I like how the petals have so many colors and show them all while the petals are opening up and when the wind blows you can see the yellow backs of the petals.

Lake Stevens, WA

Nice!! Love it. The color change is wonderful. I wish the ones you buy would be tuff.

Are you dry this year? The news is bad from back there.

The weather was stormy yesterday with a hail storm; however, we are dry and no flood for now! My parents had a close call, but so far so good! Thanks.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9a)

Very unique indeed. Thanks for sharing :)

Pretoria, South Africa

Oh wow, I would love some of them in my garden... really special. I like the way they change color..

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

They are lovely and so healthy. It's interesting that in zone 7B yours are weeks ahead of mine. The third year is when they leap right out of the ground, right?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Fantastic! So, how're you gonna propagate it?! A new introduction for 2012...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.