Pet Freak Outs

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

Hubby left the bilco doors open today and my cat that never goes outside ventured out. I spent half the night looking for him in our neighborhood only to find he was hiding in the basement. I was contemplating divorce before he finally showed up.

Anyone else have a pet breakdown?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh yeah... I was home with the flu.. and ups dropped a big box off.. went down to get it.. and Lily & Jily ran out under the box as I was trying to get it in the house... got Jily back pretty quick... and chased Lily around for 45 mins in my pajamas and slippers ... all muddy... she was having a great time running yard to yard.. though the woods etc... by the time I caught her (and one neighbor laughing at me the whole time) I had to count to 10 after I picked her up so I didn't beat her to a pulp... pulled off all the burs... and gave her a bath.. and resumed being sick.. was just terrible

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Crash is the only one who runs out the door, but luckily, he always stops within a few feet. Pretty weird.

Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

My dog Mickey scooted out the gate in the yard once while I was going through it. Mentally I freaked out, but just used reverse psychology on him and told him "bye, Mickey, I'm going back in the house" and walked back through the gate into the back yard. He came running right after me. I would be contemplating divorce, too if my husband ever left a door open and my pet got out! To lose a pet that way is just one of the worst things I can think of.

What if the pet left the door open and the spouse got out???

Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

that would be just fine, Victor!

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

The spouse can cruise the neighborhood all night for all I care. He's been neutered too

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

LOL!!!!!! Almost spit my coffee!!!

Mine can too because my husband sheds and the dog smokes.

Thomaston, CT

Last summer, when it got to be 11, & I was ready to go to bed, I called Robs in....he didn't come....got the large torch light, & proceeded to check the fenced acre .....no Robs....by now I'm screaming his name, frantic....I hear him barking...in the unfenced front yard! I have no idea how he got out, there were no holes in the fence....I have no idea how long he was missing, but no one claimed to be bitten, so.....he also escaped when the snow was 4' deep this winter....I think he was able to jump over a low place, but last summer....still a mystery!

All husbands have been neutered - psychologically, spiritually, emotionally...

Hallowell, ME

I'll drink to that!!!

Thats cool. I will drink to that.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

me too!!!

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

I am raising my glass too. But he did dig 12 holes for my new Austins today so I am being nice.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Quote from bookreader451 :
The spouse can cruise the neighborhood all night for all I care. He's been neutered too

ROTFL, oh my gosh tooooo funny

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Salem has been know to slip out the front door. He comes back pretty quickly.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.