Anyone have MayPop to share?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Itis official - the fifth time I tried growing a Maypop - it died. I have tried seeds, roots, starts and a whole plant that I tried to overwinter inside the house. I want a maypop! I refuse to give up on my (humble) dream. Anyone got an extra? I could trade for thornless black berry or Jersulem Artichokes.

Passiflora? I did these 2 years ago and they did not like it up here. I think Celeste tried also.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I did, bought 3 and only one is alive....barely! LOL

So maybe it isn't my lack of skill. I feel so much better!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It was my 1st time trying, they were from a co-op and cheap. Glad they were too since only one is alive and i've never seen it bloom! LOL

Thomaston, CT

I bought one from Logee's....didn't last the summer!

Hallowell, ME

This is a new one on me. What the hell is a "Maypop"?

Passiflora incarnata - it produces an edible fruit called passion fruit.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

will have to see if the one I have planted out.. returned or not.. will let you know

Hallowell, ME

Why don't you just call them passion flower. Anyway now that I know what it is we have had two for over a year (both potted). We overwintered them in the house. Actually I think one has been thru 2 winters.

May Pop is the edible fruit one and there are a whole lot of different kinds.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

maypop is just the common name for the vine... like every other plant with 2 or 3 names

For the most part I belive they are tropical and just dont like it up here.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I didn't spot the ones I have planted out yet.. don't think they like it here either

New Boston, NH

Planted them twice with NO success.You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over.

OK I'm certified and so over May Pops.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.