Just wanted to hello to you folks and especially Lily Love..

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

I haven't been visiting Dave's much here lately but wanted to check in and say hi.....I hope the past severe weather has not impacted you folks too badly. We were fortunate not to have any damage right here at our house but it hit about everywhere else around here......

You folks take care, have a wonderful gardening spring & summer and hope to hear from some of you soon.

Paul from Alabama

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Paul!!!! So great to hear from you!! Glad you're ok!! Miss you!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

It's nice to hear from you too......Malvem, AR. how are things out that way?.......

Paul

Everything is good!! Nice, sunny, 75*, the only bum is I'm out of flowerbed room but I'm going to start an iris bed so that problem will soon be solved!!

Hows Piedmont, AL?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well hello stranger! Haven't seen you posting in forever! It is nice to "see" you again..... I hope that things are going well for you. Glad to know that the storms missed you..... I know the devastation must be unreal. Would love to see some recent pics of that beautiful yard of yours..... I know it must be gorgeous!

Genna

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

crissyr: Piedmont is great, nice, quiet and hot, just like I like it.......:) I'm getting into irises too this year. Last year I planted or had in water pots, some Black Gamecocks, a Louisiana iris, nearly dark, dark purple nearly black. and a few blue bearded irises somebody gave me last year, I stuck'em under some pink roses, turned out nice. Again nice to hear from you.

Genna: Hey Genna, nice to hear from you too. I got one pic online from this year I think.

Paul

Thumbnail by PaulFromAL

OOOO Paul I love reading your writings!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

WOw - that yard is beautiful! What is the yellow plant under the bird bath? I can't tell what it is ....looks almost like a daffodil but from everything else that is blooming it looks too late for daffodils.....

Absolutely stunning yard! WHen you get tired of messing in that one, I have several acres here in South Arkansas where it is VERY hot that I could sure use some inspiration on !!

Thanks for sharing...........I was sure it would be gorgeous!
Genna

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

crissy, I'm so tickled you enjoy them and thanks for taking the time to write me.....

Genna, the yellow plant around the bird bath is a very rare day lily that nobody else has but ME.....It's called Stella D'Oro, I think it MIGHT CATCH ON.......:) And thanks so much for your comments on my garden. Like all gardens it's a work in progress but I just love the process.......I got some really nice plants that originate from what I hear are from out your way, echinacea paradoxa AND Arkansas Blue Star, Amsonia Hubrecti.....I reckon my Amsonia is the prettiest thing in my garden and the thing I get the most questions about and the one most folks just love.......I planted 3 of them by triangulating them about 20 inches apart, they grew into one big shrub like plant with thread leaf foliage that everyone loves to run their hands through......I wrote about this plant a few weeks ago but haven't got it posted yet.......When I do I'll have some pictures I hope you like too......You got to get you one or more and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.......

P.S. I may add this or incorporate part our conversation here in my story, just to add some goofy humor to my little stories. I hope you'll read it, smile and enjoy it.......And thanks again for all your nice comments. I surely appreciate it.

Paul From Alabama

Paul From Alabama

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL.... guess I just didn't recognize that Stella D'Ora..... I bet you are right about it catching on though!

I was not familiar with the Amsonia Hurecti - should be I guess since it is supposedly native here.... but I looked it up on plant files and it does look very nice. Already looking for a good source! Thanks for the tip..............

Genna

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Genna, you're from Arkansas and don't have Amsonia Hubrecti in your garden?.....Well there should be a law saying that you should......:) well not a law really just have me remind you to get one and soon.....:)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Goodness gracious, was just looking through posts and saw your thread..often wondered how you were doing

Sending a big wave your way!
Edited threat to thread. Lol. these iPad 's pick words of their own

This message was edited Aug 18, 2011 9:54 AM

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Betty, doing fine now thanks.....

Hope to "see" or hear from you soon.

Paul From Alabama

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL... no Paul, I don't have it in my yard...... don't really have a lot in my yard, but it sure looks a lot better than it did three years ago before I joined DG! :) Thanks to all my gardening friends I have several nice plants now that I would have never known about without them! My beds were looking pretty good until the extreme heat of last summer, then the below normal cold of winter, then the extreme heat of this summer that makes last summer look tame!!! I have lost a lot of things it seems.... :( I have really sandy soil, and all my beds are in full sun so my plants have to be pretty tough to make it! I water and water and water..... but with temps over a 100 it doesn't seem to do any good! I hope to get some of the amsonia soon.....

Hope all is well over your way........ why don't you join us for the get together in Olive Branch, MS in October.... then you could bring me some amsonia! ^_^

Genna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.