How to stake your fairies so they don't fall over.

Kalama, WA

My granddaughter Kassie gluing nails to the bottom of the fairies.

Long nails with wide heads are glued to the bottom of the fairies. We use Gorilla Glue. A small piece of painters tape is used to hold nail in place while they dry. We put them upside down in goblets to hold them bottoms up.

Thumbnail by FairyFarm
South, TX

Great picture and great idea !

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
West Palm Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

anyone have any tutorial on what to have in a wee garden and what type of plants and where to get them?

thanks.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Check the resource thread(the 1st one on this forum) and peruse all the other threads for some great ideas

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Is there a secret on removing the tape without having the nail come off with it??
I used gorilla glue and had the nail come off as I ripped the tape off and one came off while putting it into the ground.

Did you roughen up the surfaces so the glue holds better?

That is a great idea, We will have to try it. We use a dremmel or dril, and drill a very tiny hole first in the base of our fairies and then glue in 14 gage copper wire. It works great if you use a screw driver to poke the hole in the ground first. The wire is about 4 inches long to go into the ground. The next time I do some I will show the pics.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Mud_Elf what type of glue do you use?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I went to show a friend how I glued the nails to one of the pieces, as I pulled it out the nail stayed in the ground and the little mailbox was in my hand...UGH!

I use e6000 to attach the wire in the hole. It has worked well for me so far..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.