CLOSED: Mug Swap

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

SECRET SWAPPEEEEES HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED AND WE ARE CLOSED TO NEW PARTICIPANTS.

Hey all - bored with your coffee/tea mug collection?

Then let's swap! :D

You can send one of your own or something new. Doesn't necessarily have to have a garden theme, but then again, I doubt any one of you will be thrilled with the dark cornflower color and white lettering of the "Pines of Carolina Girl Scout Council, Inc. 25th Annual Meeting" mug that I picked up in a cupboard at school.

Kindly send me a dmail to confirm that you're "IN" with full name, email, address, and phone number. This will help folks give and get when it's time to swap. Click here to read my privacy policy:

http://davesgarden.com/tools/blog/index.php?tabid=15439

PARTICIPANTS and their hot muggy beverage preferences:

* AmandaEsq - Coffee multiple times a day.

* irisluvr0252 - (Debbie) coffee, tea and hot chocolate

* Cville_Gardener - "Coffee (half-caf usually but regular is fine) and herbal/green/white teas."

* abbisgranma - Coffee "leaded in the morning," tea in the evening

* taters55 - Mostly coffee; "the bigger the coffee cup, the better..."

* Quilter5bdsr - "I like all three too!!! Coffee, tea or chocolate... Must admit I'm terrible in the morning without a cup of coffee. Everything else during the day is a bonus!!!!!" "I'm a Green Mountain girl myself Amanda. Can't start the day without it!!!! I like the flavored beans but still my favorite is Nantucket Blend!!! Just jump starts me every day!!!"

* rvnsbrk - "If it's hot I'll drink it in a mug."

* roserairie - coffee and tea. "I enjoy the Black Silk by Folgers but treat myself to a starbucks every now and then."

* Crit - "Right now I use a 1 qt jar with a handle mug, so the bigger the better! :--)" (Coffee). "I'm a buttery popcorn fiend. Love rich buttered popcorn!"

* froggies_girl - "Drink lots of coffee! My mom says I live on coffee and Dr. Pepper! "

* mittsy - "From a cup, coffee, herbal tea, hot chocolate, soup. I have been known to root cuttings or provide a bunch of pretty weeds a temporary home. I like a generous size mug. Love seashells, gardening and quilting motifs"

* FruitOfTheVine - " . . . Coffee for me, the stouter the better."

* minnesippi - "mud" until noon

* Syrumani - "Quoting Barb::"Must admit I'm terrible in the morning without a cup of coffee." . . .. 'Change the "a cup" to "3 cups", and that would fit me to a "t"! Although, I do try to be good, and drink tea once in a while in the evenings.' "

* jsxtiger - ". . . yall kno how important my cuppa is ta me..."

* Bettypauze - "Here we have Tim Hortons (Timmies) can't go a day without one or two..as I sit here sipping on my large regular cup.."

* oldmansdarlin

* MudElf returns! - "Hummmm, I use mine to hold all my clay tools and paint brushes, I donot drink coffe or tea... Maybe I can join and just ask for new oversize coffe cups to hold more paint brushes?? Some of my cups are really too small and I have run out of good cups to hold things??" "I would like a largish cup please. And I love silly cups and fairies of course."

Seems pretty straightforward. Any questions/suggestions, D-mail me to let me know.

THANKS! :)

~Amanda

This message was edited Jun 1, 2011 3:31 PM

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I'm in! Love my mugs! Thanks for doing this Amanda!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Please add my name too. ^_^

My mug(s) will work for either tea or coffee. ♥♥♥ I may go for sending one of each: a new one and then one of my own. I don't think anybody would mind getting two mugs, would they?

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow, clever idea!! Sign me up for this one.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sign me up please! The bigger the coffee cup, the better...

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I'd like to be in this one too....

LOL LK, sounds like my household. Wonderful Barb has found us.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Amanda you made my day! Thanks for stepping up to the plate on this one. I'm in of course! This pic shows just one corner of my kitchen. Collection?? Naw...
Neener

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Holy Cup o' Joe, Neener!!!

We could enter your name 2 or 3 times if you think it would help. :D

A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Quote from Cville_Gardener :
I don't think anybody would mind getting two mugs, would they?

Like I said, I'm bored! The more the merrier. Too bad we can't get a non-profit bulk mail permit from USPS. Someone should get right on that.

I noticed someone also suggested gourmet coffee. I did have this idea right away when I started in the trading forums, but to be honest in the first swap I felt a little pressure to perform. Like other swaps, I think everyone will personalize their package.

Using a mug that someone from DG sends me will be another reminder that I am goofing off and should not be logged in to DG!!!

Back to work I go . . ..

A.

...oh, oh, my!! I see a ladybug mug Neener!! LOL I wonder why? Have a few of those myself.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Hee Hee Marion!! I think of you often. Every time I see the little critters I think of you. My partner in bugginess!

Amanda you can put me down 2 or three times. :0) I am just so glad you are doing this. I've been wanting to for a while, but it seems whenever I host something there are always problems. I am just not the hostess with the mostest I guess. LOL!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh yeah, if there is one thing we seem to be excellent at it is adding those extra fun touches. That is where it would be good to know whether our buddy is a coffee drinker, a hot tea drinker ... or both. ^_^

Well this swapper drinks both; leaded coffee in the morning; tea in the evening.

Mostly coffee here.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

coffee, tea and hot chocolate!

Debbie

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I would like to participate - sounds like fun. I am always on the lookout for cute mugs. I'm a coffee & tea drinker. Please put me down.
Rose

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Coffee (half-caf usually but regular is fine) and herbal/green/white teas. ^_^

Roserairie, is this your first swap?

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

If it's hot I'll drink it in a mug.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I like all three too!!! Coffee, tea or chocolate.... Must admit I'm terrible in the morning without a cup of coffee. Everything else during the day is a bonus!!!!!

Hummmm, I use mine to hold all my clay tools and paint brushes, I donot drink coffe or tea...
Maybe I can join and just ask for new oversize coffe cups to hold more paint brushes??
Some of my cups are really too small and I have run out of good cups to hold things??

Thumbnail by
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Work well as occasional bud vases too. ^_^

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Ocean Springs, MS

I'm in for this one! Drink lots of coffee! My mom says I live on coffee and Dr. Pepper! LOL
love, julie

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Quote from Mud_Elf :
Hummmm, I use mine to hold all my clay tools and paint brushes, I donot drink coffe or tea...
Maybe I can join and just ask for new oversize coffe cups to hold more paint brushes??
Some of my cups are really too small and I have run out of good cups to hold things??

I do the same thing Elfie when I have a favorite that gets a crack. That way I get to keep it and still use it for something.

Kris, maybe you can make a cup?

Kris, sounds good to me!! I don't think there is any law that says we have to drink coffee, tea or hot chocolate out of a cup. Be creative!!

Next project is for Ralph to figure out how to make me a clay wheel!! Then I really will be in heaven!!! I can make a cup by hand now,, but is will be UGLY,,,,lol I have difficulties with getting things even. You will see what I mean,,,heehee

I had have tons of Cups I do not use and just got rid of a bunch this past fall. I knew I should have held on to a few of the extras,, now I am out of cups,, so I will join this one

I would like a largish cup please. And I love silly cups and fairies of course.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Ladies, I gotta tell you:

On dreary days like this, DG is the place I come for pep and cheer. Thanks for all your enthusiasm. Now and then I need a reminder that it ain't all that bad.

now back to my schoolwork...

A.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Cville Gardener, I haven't participated in a swap or trade in a couple years. I missed them but with work, I just couldn't keep up with things. Now I have a little time to go on to DG again.
Rose

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I've been on DG less than a year so that's why I didn't recognize your name. Nice to meet "new" folks ... well, new to me. ^_^

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Morning all. I'd like to join, recognize a few friends signed up already.
From a cup, coffee, herbal tea, hot chocolate, soup. I have been known to root cuttings or provide a bunch of pretty weeds a temporary home. I like a generous size mug. Love seashells, gardening and quilting motifs.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yay Mud_Elf, froggies_girl, and mittsy. You are getting quite a nice group for this swap, Amanda. Fun, fun. ^_^

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Ditto that Carole!!! I love to see all those folks in this. Getting more excited everday and thanks again Amanda for doing. I so wanted to, but figured you would have better luck. :0)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Aw Neener, I've enjoyed your swaps. You are a good hostess! ^_^

Amanda, I just saw the part in the instructions about sending you a Dmail with name, address, phone, email. Did that. I did try to access your privacy policy but access was denied. :-/

Amanda, I am in the address exchange. Do you still need me to dmail you my information?

Sent all my info too.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL Carol - my privacy policy is so private you can't read it. :D

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Here it is - my privacy policy:

I will not sell your email address, telephone number or snail mail address to telemarketers, cemetery plot salesmen, or scam artists on Craigslist.

PROMISE!!!

A.

LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.