Seedsowers seeds come into the light

Lake Stevens, WA

Here are my Seedlings from Seedsower.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice, I have some seedlings too from Seedsowers seeds - in fact, I am in the process of building them a bed so I can move them outside soon ~j

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice! Mine are already in a bed outside where I stuck them;o) I'll have to try and snap a pic tomorrow...

Victoria, TX(Zone 9a)

This is to weird....Every time I am off on another part of the net searching for something, I come back here and there is a thread about it. NOW Kiddos, I was searching around for seedlings or seeds. Can someone tell me if seedsower is a company or a fellow DG member? I went to the lily auction and the prices for seedlings were sorta out of the ball park right now.
Any contact info on seedower? Thanks and yours look great!

This message was edited Mar 9, 2015 12:54 PM

Thumbnail by
Lake Stevens, WA

Blomma
Looking good! Mine need sun. We have had so much rain.

Lillian, AL(Zone 8a)

Nice looking seedlings.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Lily, I too got some freebie seeds from Seedsower. There is at least one DG member selling seeds right now on the auction, and I don't believe hers are unreasonably priced. Yes, for some of the newer genetics some of those seeds are going for $1-$2 and up a seed, most are less expensive than that

I bought huge bunches of seeds on the LA over the winter, - like 40 seeds, 5 crosses for $5. I used them to 'experiment' with, since I had never tried to grow DL from seeds. Of course, that is one of the reasons I have 60 seedlings growing in the spare bedroom right now!

My extra seeds I gave away to our rehab group at work. I work in a mental hospital that has really gotten involved with therapy and a greenhouse, and the patients even have some DL growing - that will be planted around the grounds this spring.~j

Victoria, TX(Zone 9a)

philljm, & blomma
Thanks for your reply! And I also wish to be working with the mentally challenged when I finish school. The place I wish to work even has a Nursery the patients work in for therapy and they sell OUTSTANDING plants and products. All proceeds go right back into the program to keep it running.
Thanks again everyone! Will check out the SEED section of LA.
Ciao~~

This message was edited Mar 9, 2015 12:55 PM

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Me, enable?

Surely you jest!!!! ~j

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here are some of mine growing naturally outside in the elements;o) This particular cross the seeds are quite eager - lol. It says MoA Morss x Her Majesty's Wizard - Sandy can you help me out with the first one. That's what I'm reading and it's likely an abbreviation?

Thumbnail by locakelly
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

The other one out the gate quickly is Olivia Billingstea x King of Angels.

The other 4 crosses are spotty germination but I held back a seed or two of each cross I will try and sprout in my Aerogarden over the summer.

Thumbnail by locakelly
Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I have about a dozen Seedsower seedlings growing, from several different crosses. They are nice and healthy and ready to go outside. I have some more stratisfying in the fridge right now, to be directly sown outside. I have my seedling bed built, I just have to add the dirt, compost, etc to it, probably tomorrow - We are expecting strong storms Wednesday, so I will probably wait until later in the week to begin hardening them, and perhaps planting them over the weekend.

This is exciting, my 'babies' are growing up! ~j

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

That sounds like an excellent setup blomma! I'll be looking for you pictures too;o)

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I did get some of those plastic shoeboxes after you mentioned that, but hadn't thought of taking it one step further - I like that idea! Post a photo when you get a chance, and I will put those bins on my list for my next box store run ~j

Warners, NY

Spring finally hit up here and the seeds I planted outside are almost all coming up. Some are rosea, some Hyperion X rosea, some real mongrels of my own mixing-----species hybrids crossed with Red Magic X Orangeman and I still haven't lined out last years planted Fall 09 and some of them are actually growing new fans in their second year----I'm hoping I'll get at least a couple blooms before the summer's over-------------------------Weedy

Thumbnail by

This message was edited Mar 9, 2015 12:56 PM

Thumbnail by

This message was edited Mar 9, 2015 12:56 PM

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

What a great idea! Thanks for posting the pictures! Gonna get me some of my own clear bins! ~j

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

It's me...Seedsower! Lilyof the night, I still have extra seeds if you're interested. DMAIL me! I'm looking forward to making more crosses this year, I bought God Save The Queen, Ashton's Giggles, and a few other nice ones last summer. I've not been on the 'puter much of late, my desktop is really having problems (it's 8yrs old), I have another computer on backorder.

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

LocaKelly...that would be Mort Morss....sorry if my labeling wasn't exactly complete. Thanks for posting your pics everyone, it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the clarification Sandy;o) Now that I know what to look up it's a nice one too!! I figured it might be an abbreviation all you DL veterans knew and I didn't - lol.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I can sympathize with you Sandy about old computers. Mine is 10 years old and just about out of memory. I have to do something soooon!!!

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

The nice thing, is that computers have come down dramatically in price. The bad thing, is that computers still cost money.

You can pick up an external hard drive for $100 or so, and transfer a lot of things to it - such as photos, etc, and free up a lot of memory space on your computer. ~j

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes I think I am going to do that. I only have a couple of weeks of auctions left and once I am all finished with those I will work on getting some more memory for the old puter. I really don't want to invest in a new one right now.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2015 12:57 PM

Thumbnail by
Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Ohh, they look so good! Hopefully my 'babies' from Seedsower will be outside Memorial Day weekend ~j

This message was edited Mar 9, 2015 12:59 PM

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

That's great that you have the bed ready for your purchases. I was hoping to, but the weather, and then this week work & life, interferred. Hopefully next weekend I can get everything planted outside for good. Crossing my fingers.

I actually think frost is harder on plants than snow, especially these late quick melting snow. Our last snow was a week or two ago. At least I hope it was the last! ~j

Jan, Still raining here---this is the 4th day and more to come during the week. I can't touch the soil until it dries out a bit since it is a clay type soil.

My daughter's enclosed porch is crammed full of veg, flower, and herb seedling waiting to be planted. I built her a coldframe for her birthday and she is slowly filling it. Got some of my daylily seedlings in there also. Out of my 4 kids, 2 are gardeners.

I agree that snow is easier on plants than frost.

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

I have used those plastic show boxes also. I have tried several ways to start seeds indoors. Two years ago I sowed the seeds outside in a seed bed. Most of them survived. Now a lot of them have scapes on them. I am so excited!!
It is so much fun growing our own little babies.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Blomma, I like that raised bed for the sdlgs.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I am down in NW Arkansas where there are tornado warnings. Meanwhile, I have been informed that there were nasty storms in Wisconsin today, and that my electricity was off up at my house. I am thankful that I left all of my new DL & seedlings in my garage while I was traveling over these few days, they are much better protected there.

How exciting is that Flowering Child, that soon you will be able to see some of your 'babies' bloom.

And Blomma, enabling the next generation, huh? ~j

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

philljm,
I hope all is well when you return to WI. This weather has been unreal.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I hope so too, although I think I have to be thankful for that frosty cold weather a week ago. Because the temps got so low, I placed all my new DL auction wins, and all my seedlings in the garage - and left them there while I am traveling this week. Otherwise, they all would have been outside during these nasty- nasty storms. I haven't heard that I had hail, but I also saw that my little town even made the news because of the ferocity of the storms. I guess I should be glad that all my established plants are slow to grow this spring because of the weather- except for my talll bearded iris which are just starting to develop scapes.

I am going to leave Rogers, AR at suppertime tonight, and make the drive back north. I am hoping the only bad weather I get is some rain, and not storms. Sun is shining & the sky is blue down here today, but severe weather is supposed to return soon.

Mother Nature does not want us to take her for granted, she is truly throwing a hissy-fit this year, isn't she?

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes she is!!

This message was edited Mar 9, 2015 12:57 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.