Green carpet-need help!

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

I'm getting ready to repaint my study/sewing room/spare bedroom. It is a north facing room with one window, just off our living room, which is painted a pale beach-glass green with a hickory floor.

My problem: The study has green saxony carpet that I cannot replace right now, and its in good shape. The furniture is 1930s waterfall style; desk, dresser, mahogany bookcase and a dark wood antique cabinet. One wall is sliding mirror doors. I want a color to flatter the wood tones, and not take on a funny cast from the carpet. The room is tiny: about 11x9.5 feet.
The rest of the house is a mix of arts and crafts antiques and 1930s furniture, with the hickory floors throughout. I want the style of this room to fit in.
I considered a silvery-gray, but can't visualize what this will look like with that green carpet! Any suggestions?

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!