ID Help!

Peoria, IL(Zone 5b)

Need help identifying this coleus. I saw it growing last year in Elkins, WV. It was stunning in a solid bed but have searched photos on Google and cannot find it! Thanks!

Thumbnail by micheflowers
Peoria, IL(Zone 5b)

Just noticed there is a dark coleus in the background. I am looking to ID the green one with the purple stems in the foreground!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The photo wouldn't load completely for me but I think it must be Lemon Sunsation.

Thumbnail by pirl
Peoria, IL(Zone 5b)

I looked at Lemon Sunsation but I don't think that's it. The leaf is wider and lobed differently. Am posting a closeup of the foliage.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Let's hope someone will show up who can identify it for you. It is lovely.

Peoria, IL(Zone 5b)

It sure is. Rosy Dawn's site won't load properly for me. Looking at Gebhart Greenhouses but it's slow going with 425 slow loading photos. This plant was absolutely stunning..fairly tall growing in full sun. Very vibrant and strong!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am not sure it is a coleus but I would buy it in a minute. Love that red stem. Put it on Plant and Tree identification.

My Rosey Dawns are in the ground since Saturday. They are probably really confused. Wind, heat, wind, cold, wind and more wind. But after Japan and the Southern tornadoes and flooding, I will NEVER EVER complain about any weather ever again.

Happy Mother's Day later but still sent with love. Sharon.

Peoria, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks so much Sharon. I was wondering if it was actually a coleus myself but the bloom sure looks like one. Good idea to post on the plant id board. Will do!

Peoria, IL(Zone 5b)

Close up of the leaves. Maybe this will help!

Norristown, PA

The closest that I can come to is "Black Knight." Here is a link to Glasshouseworks who sells this cultivar:

http://glasshouseworks.com/trop-c2.html

Look down int he "Bs" to find this.

BTW, I've ordered from these folks twice and been served very well. Good prices and service, friendly people, and they mail in the summer!

Sharon

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Here is a great link; http://www.coleusfinder.org/pictures.php?lang=en
Go there and click on pictures and scroll thru.
I had this coleus a few years back and for the life of me can't remember the name.
Last year there was a lady who was collecting these round leaf with 'pinking shear' edges.
If she comes by she will know.
If Brinda was here or Alice they would possibly know too.
Sidney

Peoria, IL(Zone 5b)

This may be a Black Knight. Seems the closest that's for sure. I found a photo of it with the sun shining on it and it did look the same. May order one but going to keep this thread open for a while in case someone else has a different opinion!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Maybe Goodolebake will come by. I think it's Black Night also. It's the 4th down on this page; http://www.coleusfinder.org/pictures.php?table_next_page=3

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi everyone.Hoooray ,looks like thats it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.