Priority Stamp reminder...

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

I thought this was the more appropriate forum for this quick suggestion...
If you are sending someone a Priority stamp for plants, please make sure it is the correct postage. Most of the Post Offices have pre-packaged Priority stamps which DO NOT reflect the increase in postage (the pre-packaged ones are labeled $3.50, whereas the minimum Priority postage is now $3.95). I've mailed out 8 Priority boxes to people who sent me the pre-packaged stamps (which didn't reflect the rate increase), so I had to add the extra postage when I was at the Post Office. I really didn't mind but I thought the reminder was worth passing along...so when you shop at your favorite Postal branch, you'll be good to go..lol.
Trish

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

$3.50 IS a priority postage. It is $3.50 for up to one pound and $3.95 for 2 pounds.

Boonville, MO(Zone 5a)

USPS Priority Rates:

Up to 1 pound 3.50
Up to 2 pounds 3.95
Up to 3 pounds 5.15
Up to 4 pounds 6.35
Up to 5 pounds 7.55

For that .45 extra you can assure you will get a good size package. It affords double the weight.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Weebus, thanks for clarifying..however, I think when I mail any plant out..it will always go over the 1 lb rate, so maybe that's why mine always starts at the $3.95 rate. If you package your plant correctly (newspaper, any moistened paper towel, etc..) I would be surprised that any package could make it under the 1 lb rate. Any box used in mailing out plants is also calculated as weight for mailing, too.
Trish

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

Thank You for the info. I can ship a WHOLE lotta bulbs and keep them under 1 lb. Been shipping plants for a LONG time, but thanks for the "refresher".

Weebus

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.