To all the fairy friends

Kalama, WA

The dollar store has NEW faries in. I bought 15. I like to give little girls who visit my gardens a fairie to start a farrie garden of their own.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Was just at our dollar store, didn't see any :(

Kalama, WA

Flow, I am in the Pacific North West.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ya I see that. How's the weather out there?

South, TX

how nice of you to give them away!

Kalama, WA

Flow, the weather has been very WET. I have been under the influence of grey skys too long this year. LOL. Our dry weather should be here soon though and as usual the wait will be worth it. In the meantime I am gluing long carpenter nails to the bottom of my fairies so that I can stake them into the ground.

South, TX

Texas needs some of your rain!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What a great idea, with the nails...what type of glue do you use?

Kalama, WA

Flow, I use Gorilla Glue. It doesn't dry clear but it isn't seen so it doesn't matter. Some people use Marine glue.

Sally, I will share my rain if you will share your sun. We really are blessed though, no tornados, earthquakes, floods or fires. My heart goes out to all living through all these weather disasters.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

FairyFarm, giving the fairies away is such a wonderful idea! I feel like duh... why didn't I think of that because I've been teaching the neighborhood children about making fairy gardens. So far all kids want me to give them one, and I just can't afford to buy all the supplies for them. I feel your idea may help me with this problem. Maybe this will encourage some parents to create them with their children. It's so sad that most parents where I live don't care where their kids are or what they're doing. I just can't understand that. I've been using Gorilla Glue too with 3 inch nails and it last forever!

Kalama, WA

Joyce, Future Fairy Gardeners of America. . . LOL

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Now that sounds great to me! It's like in the bible -give a man a fish feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish feed him for a life time. I want these children to have a life time of fairy gardening so they will be as contented as I am!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

"give a man a fish feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish feed him for a life time"

FYI, Chinese proverb not from the Bible

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

flowAjen, oops, thanks for the correction! I hate it when I do that! ;o)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.