It could have been a bad day :-(

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Well, as I reported this morning I had to travel 75 miles to the wholesale nursery to pick up plants. On the way home, not far from the nursery I had a real bad blow out. REAL BAD. (Firestone tires on the trailer, scary) I was on a road with hardly a shoulder and a real big ditch on the side. The van jerked about a bit, but I was able to keep it under control. I never had a blow out before. I called the nursery and they sent someone to help me. (DH was not with me, my daughter and 2 friends were--all women) After numerous tries of changing the flat the man finally fixed it. However, I could not pull the trailer home. I had to leave it at the nursery. I didn't want to chance pulling it, as it was very heavy and I didn't have a spare. I don't think it would have made the trip home. Tomorrow I will have to go with another trailer and DH will have to come with me to pick up the trailer that is already there. We will have to use 2 trailers to bring the stock home.
The gentleman who came change my tire said the tire blew up from the inside, it was not an old tire. He also said we were lucky it didn't flip the trailer and then the van. It was that bad. I prayed before we left that God would protect us and keep our trip safe and He did. I am so thankful to be sitting at this computer tonight, even though I have to travel again tomorrow. I sure was shaken up! God is good, all the time! Lisa

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!