Brugs almost all planted outside

Hamilton, OH

finally good weather, so the Brugs could go outside, I only have a few more to plant, then I am done Yippee

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

this might take awhile, I have a bunch of photo's

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

more photo's

Hamilton, OH

another one

Hamilton, OH

more,

Hamilton, OH

more

Hamilton, OH

more photo's

Elizabeth

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I lost the thread and finally found this one - yay. Wow, Elizabeth - those look great! I was hoping to get over to your house over the past few weeks but my brother has been sick and I've been with him. Is the basement cleared out finally or do you need more help? I still haven't put mine out because I was afraid they might get too cold - guess I can do that with mine since you've done it with all yours already :). Hope we can get some sunny days instead of all this rain around here.

Council Bluffs, IA

well i found u elizabeth,wow what a garden you have there.sigh sigh.
i have been out working in mine,but it does not look as good as yours.sigh sigh.
maybe some day.lol
now i see what you all mean about the y.
retta

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

How did you keep them during the winter? You have a beautiful yard & I can't wait to see what they are going to look like when they bloom. Do you put them in pots during the winter? Everything looks so neat. Don't think I will ever get to that point but I can always hope. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hugs,
Judy

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, your yard is looking great! You can see how hard you have been working...mine is not nearly as pretty and manicured. I need to put down fresh mulch and edge the beds. Are you getting this rain? It is supposed to rain again tomorrow...then we are supposed to have a couple sunny days.I just wish that it would dry up enough that I wouldn't be covered in mud , when I do get out there. But, I do know that it is giving our plants a great start this year!
Dee

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Dee like you we are drowned in mud and raining every day, my plants sure would not survive out there yet, needs to stop raining for a week, so far no chance of that.

Hamilton, OH

Good Morning Everyone, Thank you for the nice comments
I am so glad to see everyone, Di, just give me a call when you're on your way over, the basement is cleaned out, I was so glad, I have the GH & the enclosed back porch to put them until I could put them outside
Retta, I am glad you found the new Thread
Judy, I plant mine directly in the ground, every year I tell myself to plant them in pots, but when it's time in the ground they
go.
Dee, I sure hope, we get a couple sunny days, so you can get your Brugs in the ground, your yard always looks nice, it's exciting this year, have you counted your Brugs? I am going to count mine this evening, I'll let you know the total then
Doris, it's always a pleasure to see you, what is your weather like?

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

what's Blooming now, my Clivia, I love the color to bad it's not fragrant

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

another view

Elixabeth

Hamilton, OH

Dee
can you imagine? Max the cat isn't even a year old & he weigh's 15lbs

Elizabeth

Brownstown, IN

Elizabeth, your GD is just beautiful and Max is awesome too!

Karen

Council Bluffs, IA

oh my gosh elizabeth,that cat is so big,and your gd is beautiful.
right now i'm so tired,looked all over in the nurserys here for a gardinia,and all i found was big ones for 40.00$.
do not want to pay that much ,and for one that looks like a tree.
just sent scott to walmart for potting soil and another columbine,and some petunias.
that how tired i'am to nite.
i did get some seeds planted though.and have more to do.plus
put in some more flowers that i bought today.
those are asiatic lilys that is growing in my yard.i have no idea how they got there.
going to do more digging for the brugs you ladies will be sending.
i have 2 out of the 4 that dee sent that are putting out little leaves.cuttings that is.and the ones she sent with roots are growing leaves as well.
i'm just so excited that i'm finally growing some brugs.
when i get my little yard done will post pics.
hugs to all
retta

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Sometimes Birds leave us presents from other folks gardens. That may be how you got your lilies.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, that is a BIG tomcat! And you GD is a very pretty girl!
I think I am gonna limit myself to 20 brugs this year. I would like to work on re-claiming some of the plants that are here, and even completely move a couple beds, because they have become too shaded out to do much. I have been finding flowers all over the yard this Spring, that are stuggling to just come thru the grass/weeds. There are asiatic and oriental lilies all over the place, but several are so choked out that they are just one pitiful, scrawny stalk. I plan trying to save them by digging and moving them.
That clivia is beautiful, Elizabeth. Last fall I transplanted the one that you gave me, to a bigger pot...I was just trying to be a good plant mother, because it was soo crowded....then I read that thats the way they like it....duh..So my plant is big, but no flower buds right now.
Retta, glad ya figured out what your plant is....sounds like it was a good suprise. I love asiatic and oriental lilies.
Doris, it is supposed to rain here, again tomorrow. I know, enough is enough!
Charleen what ya got blooming?
Karen, nice to see ya.I guess you have been getting all this rain, too???
Dee

Council Bluffs, IA

yes dee,i found it in the garden center,and yes charleen,that must be how i got them.there is three real close together.
our weather is finally coming ,towards low 70sand on sunday 80.
its about time.
tomarrow after grocery shopping back in the yard i go.
no rain for us at this time.
retta

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Beautfiul Gardens, Elizabeth.. Dee, lookie here..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Mornin' everyone,they changed our forcast and it is supposed to be clear today...yippee...It's a little chilly out yet, but it will warm up this afternoon. Gonna try to get some planting done before going over to watch the grandkids.They get out of school at 2 today...teachers conference.
Debrora, that wiegela is looking good girl. Is it variegated? It was supposed to be.My wiegela's are getting flower buds, finally.The hummers love them! I have seen at least two hummers at my feeders...a male and a female.Is anyone else seeing them yet?
I think I am going to sow some seeds today, if I get done planting brugs. Most of them I got from you Debra.I can't wait to see what pops up.Some of the packs that you sent just said this fence or that fence, so they are going along my fence...lol
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Good afternoo Everyone
I am so glad to see all of you
Karen, Thank you for the nice comments, we have been busy today, we had to go to the closing of the House, Maria's room
is so much bigger, than the one she has here, plus there's lots of room for her to play in the back yard
Retta, I will be sending out clippings for you Tuesday, we will be busy this week end, you should recieve them by Friday
I will Dmail you the confirmation number
Dee, Yes Max is a big cat, he's not even a year old yet
Debra, it's always good to see you, that's a great looking plant, keep them coming
Charlene, it's great to have you check in, I will post more photo's of the House, we will be moving, when we get the grass
mowed, here's one, this is the living room, that connects with the dining room

Elizabeth

Looks Grand, Elizabeth.

Council Bluffs, IA

elizabeth,whos going to take care of the brugs when you move into your new house?by the way,it looks greaaaaat.
i will have my garden done by then,so i can plant them right away.
hugs to all
retta
ps.i found my white gardenia,and only paid 10.00 for it ;)))))
could not work the yard today,way to windy,and expecting some rain tonite

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, that is beautiful, show us more!!
I ended up not planting anything today.There's a chance of frost tonight.I did work in the yard a little while but not too long. It was down right cold out there.Got a little weed eating done, and thats about it.
Dee

no varigation on the wegelia dee, but I live it. My hummers are back yippee! no planting mostly work work work at work, Elizabeth that house is BEAUTIFUL, you lucky thing!

Hamilton, OH

Good Morning Everyone
Thank you for the nice comments, I will have more photo's later, as soon as we get the front lawn mowed & the court yard
all cleaned up, I will be going back & forth for awhile, so my Brugs don't have to suffer, it's 5 minutes from this house. it will be 2 more months before we can move, a lot of work still has to be done.
Dee, I remember how much work you had to do, when you moved, this is the last time I am moving, I thought that when we
moved here, lol, I'll be back on later now I have to get some bills paid, it's sunny out but still a little cool

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Good afternoon Everyone
well it only took 2 hours with a push mower, but it sure looks better, here's the front lawn

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

another one, this is the front entrance, the courtyard

Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, what a beautiful home and yard. The perfect yard for oodles of brugs!
Dee

Brownstown, IN

Wow!
Elizabeth your new home is gorgeous!
I can just see the yard with all of your beautiful plants landscaped around it!
Congratulations!!!
Hugs,
Karen

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I finally talked myself into starting to pot up my brugs. I quit in time to get them watered well and will work on some more tomorrow. I need more pots!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my few iris

Thumbnail by Crit
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Crit, that's a very pretty iris! I love iris. I'll get a pic of my re-blooming dark purple ones tomorrow.
Dee

so pretty and trim and proper, Elizabeth.. my dream, your reality.. I love it.. can't wait to see it beautified even more with brugs;D

Council Bluffs, IA

how lovely elizabeth,very nice big front yard.
i planted more flowers yesterday,had a little rain in the afternoon,
glad i went ahead and watered.
still have more to plant,getting hard for me though,hard onmy back,
just can do a little at a time.

dee,the desert rose is putting out new leaves,and 2 of the
brug cuttings are getting leaves.i hope they are getting roots.
the other 2 may not make it.but i'm praying,hard as a rock.
very lovely iris.mine are going to pop open in a few days.
along with the peonys
retta

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Boy do I understand about the back retta!!!!!

My peonies are not near blooming, in fact no buds yet, but I have a few iris blooming sparingly. Have what looks like a dark purple and bright yellow getting ready to shine.

Beautiful place Elizabeth. Don't overdo yourself the first year trying to make your showcase! ^_^

I debated whether to add this pic or not. The color looks yellow but it is really a beautiful peach color.

Thumbnail by Crit
Hamilton, OH

Good Morning Everyone
from the work me & DD did yesterday, I now know we need a riding mower, the guy that lives next door, had the 3 small
Brugs in one pot, I told him, I would give him a big brug, that couple are so nice, he loaned me his rake, so far it seems like a really nice place to live
Karen, Thank you, I hope you get a chance to visit, when we're all moved in, right now ii looks like August, Hugs back at ya
Debra, Thank you, it's my DD's dream House, Tuesday I have to be there so the utitility's can be changed over
Crit, nice flower, my iris have buds on them
Dee, there are a lot of trees that have to be trimmed

Elizabeth

Elizabeth it is beautiful.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.