ORVG Coffee House #188 May Flowers from the Showers

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We came from here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1165817/

Well it's 4 weeks AND COUNTING to the RU.

Hopefully the rain will moderate a bit this month.
Be nice to actually get into the Garden.

Thumbnail by henryr10
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Good morning to all! It's May Day!!!
And guess what????????? It's raining...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
What else is new huh?
Going to our friends' Spring Fling over in Verona. Will probably pick up a few plants I DON'T need..but she always has such neat things! Maybe I'll find some other things I don't need too!! It's an antique place too.
More fun that sitting in the gloom that we call New Madison!! LOL!
I hope you all have a great day..whatever you do!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Look what's Hardy here!

Thumbnail by henryr10
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well of course it is!! Did u get that from me? I have bunches of it...love that stuff!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the oxalis, Marcy, not the creeping jenny.

Hi everyone. Have a few hours at home and am working madly on the pond. It started to rain, so I ran inside for a minute till it passes by.

Mom's not doing well. It surely is hard to watch.....hopefully all will go well so I can make the RU. I'm surely planning on being there!

just marking my place

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Glad you're not a Cat! LOL!

hisssss

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

(((Joyce))) I'm sorry you are having such a rough and depressing time. :(

Columbus, OH

First soap show of the year went well, sold out of pomegranate blueberry and tomato leaf candles. It didn't rain all over us, I'm sooo happy.

I have lots of WS seedlings that need to go in the garden, I can't wait for a sunny day to plant them!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Like Sue, marking my place, and no, I am not a cat or a dog!

Joyce, sorry that you are having to deal with such a depressing situation. Even if things haven't changed much, come to the RU and regroup with friends. it helps.

I have fallen into a funk, which is unusual for me this time of year. If I have depression, it is usually in the winter, and I sailed through the winter without a hint of it.

I will be back on top, hopefully in a short while. If not, somebody come get me!

Celene, glad your show did well. Nothing no more disheartening to have prepared and go, and you sell little. Makes you wonder if it is all worth the effort.

Columbus, OH

Watching seedlings germinate always pulls me out of those seasonal blahs. Sorry you're going through it.

Waddy, KY

Well, it's raining here yet again.

Weekend was busy. Did the market on Saturday and then came home and dug daylilies. Got three orders dug and started on the 4th. I should have finished it but I just flat ran out of steam. Got up Sunday morning and of course it was raining. We decided to go on to market and take our chances. Took extra clothes in case we got totally wet. Got the tent up in between showers and fortunately by 10:45 it quit and folks did come out and shop. For the weather it was a very good day. Came home, fried some chicken for supper and after supper cleaned up the daylilies to get them ready to ship today. We have a market meeting to attend tonight. They're trying to stonewall our request to have a food trailer at the market to serve hamburgers and other locally grown food items. Time to go lobby in person I guess.

Joyce, sorry to hear about your mother. Watching loved ones and not being able to do anything about their suffering and pain must surely be one of the most stressful things a person can do.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Good morning all.
((((Joyce)))) guess it shows how observant I am. I had to go back and look. I never even saw the oxalis in the picture...lol! Oh mercy...don't say it!
Ok Ric...the creeping jenny protected the oxalis..that's why it lived! Smiles!!
Ok...no depression allowed this time of year Bonnie!! Just cause all it does is rain...geez!
Guess I'll go see what I can get into today...since..of course..it is RAINING!
Grrrrrrrrrrrr.!

GO NAVY !!!
that is all.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks for all your kind words everyone. I have never thought before about how hard it is on the caregiver. I won't make that mistake again. The 3 of us all had a good cry this morning. They were thanking me for being such a cheerful person when what we really want to be is down in the dumps and feeling sorry for ourselves. Mom said that because of me she always tries to be "up", too.

Bertie and I went together and bought a pair of hip-waders to use in the pond. Yesterday was my turn and they worked GREAT.....that is until I lost my footing and I went down and all the water went gushing in the top of them! Oh well, least it wasn't cold out.

Bill and I have some errands we have to run today, so since I have a few minutes before I have to get ready, thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Columbus, OH

Joyce, it is terribly hard. It was hard for me to adjust to having the time back that I spent caring for my mother, and after awhile, it was kinda nice and then I felt this crushing guilt, because I'd do anything to have her back and have to take care of her. It's very hard.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, Celene...I know it's going to be so hard. I told her today that I would celebrate her life when she was gone. She said she's ready to go. She wanted to be well for their anniversary party and prayed so hard for that to be so. They both felt great on that day (the 17th) and have been steadily failing ever since then. She said she's ready to go now but she will miss us, and I said I was ready for her to go as well, cause I just can't stand to see her suffer with so little I can do to make her (them) comfortable.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

USA! USA! USA!! GO NAVY!

((( Cookie ))))
you got it Lou ! wooohooo

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm with Lou and Sue today. I always think 'Go Navy' because of Navy boy but wow! What a great thing to see come up on the TV last night!

{{Joyce}} Later on, you will be so glad of all this extra time you're spending with your parents right now. One of my most precious memories is sitting with my dad and just talking towards the end. It's so hard to deal with but you'll be so glad you did it later on. I know that sounds kinda trite but I do mean it from the bottom of my heart. My dad wasn't ready to go and that it was so hard for me to see him struggle, cry, and beg God not to make him go; I'm glad your mom is at peace about her life and that you know it as well. When he finally passed I was so relieved because I knew he wasn't suffering anymore, physically or mentally.

oh Di you brought tears to my eyes . !

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Robyn and I have spent some quality time w/ Cookie's Parents.
They are wonderful People and we thoroughly enjoyed our times w/ them.
Like my Parents they are sweet tough old birds...lol!

Joyce and I recently found out we have actually known each other for 43 years.
We shared 2 High School musicals together.
Joyce was a HS Junior and Senior..... I was a child prodigy sent up to help out while in Elementary School.... LOL!

Ric

Yeah, Ric, my excuse when I try to explain that I worked 30 years, but i started as a co op out of grade school. Makes the years sort of melt away.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I went to Baker's yesterday. Due to wet weather, not many people have been out to buy plants yet, so they are well stocked. All the heirloom tomatoes were ready to go as well as the rest of the veggies annuals, and perennials. Chris Baker would welcome a DG group and would give 10% off if I give them a list of DG screen names the day before so they can have it at the registers.... I just need to know if, and when you guys want to make the trip! The hosta place is now open that is near them also.... They are only open a few days a week.

http://bakersacresgreenhouse.com/

http://www.amityfarm.com/

Jules, sure wish I was closer, and I definitely would have you put my name on that list.

It was so pretty here today, got out and worked a bit outside, still too wet to do any planting, but did get some of my winter sown little plants potted up. I have a gazillion of something. The ink faded on my label, and I know that what I sowed I had never had before. May offer these as trades at the RU, but first need to identify them.

Will post some pictures, and if you have any clue, let me know.

Columbus, OH

You can put me on the list ;)

This is # 1

Thumbnail by defoecat

Thumbnail by defoecat

This is # 3

Thumbnail by defoecat

Someone on another thread suggested that #2 was Lupine. I know I planted all perennials, and things that I had never had before. Any help would be appreciated.

Did anybody here express a wish for morning glories? I have a gazillion little plants coming up, and here they have become a menace. I will gladly pot some up if that person will step forward. Otherwise, I am destroying the little buggers!

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

Jules, I am taking DH with me to Bakers tomorrow, but probably not to their evening 8-11pm Not Quite All Evening Extravaganza.

Esther

Columbus, OH

Esther, I may be there, it depends on how late I get finished at work. Even though we close at 7pm, we sometimes have patients that take much longer.

Waddy, KY

That last one looks like maybe a painted daisy.

Ester will you have any fig to trade at the RU ?
would love another one. the one i got last year is huge !!

Columbus, OH

My fig from last year is ginormous, too!

Just got back from Baker's. The 4" begonias are now in clay, and still $6.99, a great deal. I was worried when they had the larger ones for $14.99 that they all would be, but no. Variegated scabiosa, very cool, Tiger Eye sumac that I plan to prune so that it looks like a palm tree, but I don't need to schlep it indoors every fall. Two flats of fancy annuals, some black petunias, and a Kellogg's Breakfast tomato. Oh, an a variegated Buddleia.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sounds like not enough interest for a group trip --- I was hoping that there would be. I was looking forward to a picnic somewhere after since I won't be able to make the Roundup.

Sue, if you can make it out to Baker's your still welcome to come on out and get those little hellebores, the daylily Penny's Worth and anything else you want that I have extra of.

Darn it Celene - had I seen your post before - I would have met you over there to at least meet you!!!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Juli we're still digging out from the funeral costs so probably no Baker's for a bit for us.
No real expenses for the funeral but gas and eats for 5 trips up ..... ;-)

DEFINITELY want to make a trip up there though.

Ric

thanks Juli , i may do that .

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I understand! I have a little Toyota Matrix. Not a gas guzzler. I had a little over 1/4 tank left, did a fill up today. Had some points to get money off on Kroger card for fill up. So paid $4.01. Was still $34.50 for a fill up! for a little Toyota that was not empty! Yikes!

For the dog lovers out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8DiOthAKek&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.