Rooting flowering rosemary branches

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

I always cut branches from my neighbors rosemary bush when they are in bud so that they bloom indoors. I love this bush but nothing I try takes root. I was wondering if the shorter stems from the budding branches could possibly work for rooting? I figure I have them and shouldn't waste them.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Try rooting cuttings from the newest growth, not woody

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

The growth I'd try rooting is the new growth from fall which is, I think, semi-woody. Is that the term to use? The bush hasn't put out any new growth for this year yet. I've tried newest growth several times before but nothing ever lasted, even when it did root. I can keep trying until I get it, it's not like she's lacking in growth or anything lol

Thumbnail by tikipod
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I cut some off my mom's rosemary bush about a week ago (new growth) and put it in a bottle of water in my bathroom window. Its already getting roots on it. Just cut about 8 inches off the tips, pull off a few inches of the leaves so they won't be in water and be patient.

Pam

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Or try layering- lay a branch on the dirt and place a rock on it. In 3 weeks snip the branch from the main stem, and in a week or 3 more, go dig it up and pot it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.