Pachypodium eburneum bloom

Yardley, PA

I am having a great spring for blooms. My P. eburneum has just bloomed. I have had this for years and it has never bloomed for me before.

Thumbnail by Sally0
Yardley, PA

Such a pretty flower. There are a few more flowers buds behind it.

Thumbnail by Sally0
Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

Very nice Sally - amazing long stem for the flower.

Yardley, PA

I my plants under fluorescents and this really was reaching for the light. I think it wasn't quite bright enough which is why the stem became so long.

Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

Nice flower, Sally. Really an event. Even in full sun they still reach for the light (or at least my rosulatum does). When does your plant go outside? I'm impressed that all this happens under lights.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

This is off the hook!

Sally: You must have done something right! ;)

Well, my two cents would be: The most amazing Pachypodiums (large ones) that I have ever seen were decorations at some indoor swimming pool many years ago. The person responsible for the plants told me that they only watered them twice or three times a year. The rest of the moisture must have been provided by the evaporating water from the pool.

Olaf

Decatur, GA

Nice flower Sally. I was disappointed this year. I had quite a few buds coming on on several pachys but when I moved them outside (thinking it would be better) lots of the tips of the flower buds dried/die back. Maybe a sunburn.
:-(
Buts there is always next year. ^_^
Helen

Yardley, PA

Mine will be going out in a week or two. Your right Baja, I was surprised they would bloom under lights.
That is so disappointing Helen! but you have a good attitude.

Fort Wayne, IN

what a pretty flower.

The first flower on my P. rosulatum opened today.

Thumbnail by Baja_Costero

And it looks like all three branches are going to flower. Yay!

Yardley, PA

Baja thta is really a pretty flower.

Yardley, PA

This is becoming a bouquet. Really pretty.

Thumbnail by Sally0

These flowers only look better in the plural. By the way, the nectar is quite tasty. It's been oozing from the base of my first flower (no pollinators in sight).

Yardley, PA

Really pretty Baja. I can see your other buds.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

as always Sally
WOW! ;)
you are amazing.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

a thorny amaryllis lol!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.