Happy Birthday SongsofJoy!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope you enjoy your special day!!

Thumbnail by onewish1
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday SOJ!!!!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Christina! Have a great one.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

happy b-day soJ:)

Thumbnail by wha
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy happy b-day!!!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Christina!

Thumbnail by pirl
Thomaston, CT

Hope your day was super, SOJ!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I had a wonderful day - I took most of it off to play in my gardens then went to dinner in Portsmouth with some good friends. Great photos all!

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Glad to hear you had a great Bday! May it continue into the wee hours and months to come!

Thumbnail by venu209
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

So sorry to be so late, Christina!! I am so far behind on the threads since arriving from Florida, but I hope you will have another great day just to humor me. lol Happy Extended and Extensive Birthday!!!
Louise (your almost neighbor again)

Carlag, Louise?! ^_^

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

That's IT, Victor!!! Just generally behind, but trying hard to get settled back in. The outside is such a pull, and I find myself just spinning trying to decide what to do next! lol Hank has a BIG birthday next weekend, and we have some out-of-state company coming for that (he doesn't know it yet..."Surprise!!!!!!") so I do have a few things to get to sooner than later this year. :)

Thanks, Louise. And welcome back to NH, neighbor :).

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks! :)

Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

I have to say belated Happy Birthday, too. I was thinking of your amazingly beautiful garden just the other day. Glad to hear you had such a great day!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy belated Birthday!

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily

That is so gorgeous, Karen. Great color, great pose and great photo.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Pirl. Just took that one today. It's Darwin Hybrid tulip 'Appledorn', and that one comes back reliably for me every year. I just love it.

Karen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have to get more of those... I only had 1 bloom and 2 spots that tulips are planted.. they were among the first things I planted.. and didn't know some were not good ones... bad news... those are buried in tulip cages .. just assumed I only needed to plant those once... good news is it's the best ground we have and shouldn't be too bad to get out of there

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

That's good that you'll be able to get them out easily. Here's a good article that explains why tulips don't usually bloom again. http://www.lifeandlawns.com/2008/08/21/tulips-are-they-perennial-or-not/ And here's a page of tulips that will come back: http://www.colorblends.com/Perennial-Tulips/ Usually it's the Darwin Hybrids and species tulips.

Karen

This morning Mark Viette, on his radio call in gardening show, mentioned the Darwin tulips as being the most reliable to return. For many years I grew Pink Impression (a Darwin) and it was grand but I do have deer and they were only encouraged by having it available so now they are potted and not doing as well with blooms.

My Darwins only lasted a couple of years.

Thank you, Colleen. And I was just thinking of you this morning as I mulched around the hostas you gave me. They are doing well :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.